Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for someone to create a custom character sheet for me - will pay!

I hope this isn't against the posting guidelines. I didn't see anything in the rules about requests that involve money, only advertising. If this is inappropriate, please let me know. I am currently working on a tabletop RPG system of my own. It doesn't have a name yet, but I do have a design for the first page of the character sheet with stats and such things. However, I know next to nothing about how to use the custom sheet creator and I don't have time to learn. I will pay 60 US dollars for someone to turn my design into a character sheet that I can use in my playtesting game. It's all on one page, and the only interactive things on it are places to add text, enter numbers, and check boxes. No macros or special programs necessary. I have an example I made in powerpoint showing exactly what I need. Is this possible?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This kind of request comes up a lot, and usually goes ignored. If you are serious about paying for work, you need to consult a professional web designer, and after you find out what they charge, you'll probably abandon the idea. I can tell you that previous discussions on the top have thrown around prices ranging from $500 to several thousand, depending on the amount of work needed.  It's very easy to underestimate how much time and effort it takes to make a character sheet, and the extra demands that doing it professionally (for pay) places.  The people making sheets on here are volunteers, doing it in their spare time. They are doing it because they enjoy it, and the sheets they choose are chosen because they are interested enough in those systems to use their hobby time in that way. Working for pay is a very different beast. It's not a fun hobby to be done in spare time, whenever the designer has a spare moment to dabble with. The designer now has to be committed to the project, work to a timeline, and actually work for it. And then, the client might be unprofessional and not pay. Ask a webdesigner how many clients have tried to stiff them, especially over internet hobby projects. People doing this as a hobby generally do not want that kind of hassle. They'll happily help others in their spare time, and if your project interests them, they might do a lot of the work. There's a custom character sheet thread for people to make requests. That's your best bet. If you can find a sheet that is similar to what you want, people will be happy to help you tweak it to fit your game, and will do it for free.
Thank you for clarifying that for me. I will admit I am not at all familiar with professional web design etiquette. I feel a little silly for posting this now.
Can you point me in the direction of that thread?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It used to be pinned at the top of the forum. I think it was a very bad idea to unpin it. Here it is:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1503047/sheet-request-thread-consolidated-mk-i" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1503047/sheet-request-thread-consolidated-mk-i</a>

Edited 1542065703
Ah. At the bottom it says that the post is more than 2 months old and has therefore been closed. That's probably why it was unpinned. Edit: Not sure what I was looking at, but that is incorrect. The thread is still open.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the roll20 forums is a but funny like that. As long as the last post in the thread is recent enough, you can still post to it.

Edited 1559638943
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
EDIT(2019-06-04): This response was made before I started working for Roll20, and should only be understood as my personal opinion and understanding at the time of posting, and have nothing to do with Roll20's official stance on matters related to commissions for character sheets. &nbsp; Yeah, 60$ fits in the uncanny valley between "doing something free, on your free time, no obligations", and "being paid resonably for your work and expertise" unfortunately. If I'd have more time atm, I'd take you up on this. But then again, I'm a poor student with no side income, soo I guess that describes the situation a bit.(If this is still unresolved in a month, I'm willing to take this on as by then I'll don't have unresonable amounts of projects/studies looming over me any longer.) G G said: I can tell you that previous discussions on the top have thrown around prices ranging from $500 to several thousand, depending on the amount of work needed.&nbsp; It's very easy to underestimate how much time and effort it takes to make a character sheet, and the extra demands that doing it professionally (for pay) places. Yeah it's easy to overestimate, but on the other hand, the low estimate of 500$ isn't for a barebone sheet, like OP described. There was this one thread some months ago where we discussed the same thing , and among the discussion came with a bit broader examples and complexity/support range of the sheets. IIRC the lowest estimate was 200$ for something super basic without any promise of support, but unfortuantly the thread was apparently&nbsp; deleted or removed . It could have stayed up as it was good reference for these this. Curlycue &nbsp;said: Thank you for clarifying that for me. I will admit I am not at all familiar with professional web design etiquette. I feel a little silly for posting this now. Don't feel too silly about it. The one good thread that discussed this topic(from the last 14 months or so I've been active) have been deleted, likely by the OP for the same reason, which was a pit, asi contained some good discussion by a few who actually have taken on sheets for pay. So please don't delete this thread so it can exist as a reference for people in the future.