Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Scheduling Snafus

Doyce T. said:  we won't we won't be playing the game on Monday, but I am going to take the opportunity to get caught up on the 37 threads that are flagged 'new' on the forum, for me. :): Always a worthy endeavor.  We'll try to at least double that number before you finish.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
And I'm keeping the search engine up to date daily, so you can hopefully use that if need be.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Who's absent tonight? Margie? Mike?
I'm here (maybe in spirit? )
Margie will 89.3% likely be absent (on a business trip, team building dinner, etc.).
So, things, as they invariably do in college, have come up.  Monday evening, I will be busy fighting off the zombie apocalypse starting with a mandatory meeting.  This meeting is to ensure both the safety and eventual destruction of the human race.  I don't know how long the zombie attack will last, but if it gets done in a timely manner, I will quickly flee the scene before the dead humans rise again and instead hide in my dorm room and join the game. Sorry for the late notice.  I kind of just ended up in the game and while it should be fun, I didn't realize that it would conflict with this game.  Sorry all.  Harry might end up being grounded for causing the destruction of a graveyard.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
James H. said: Sorry for the late notice.  I kind of just ended up in the game and while it should be fun, I didn't realize that it would conflict with this game.  Sorry all.  Harry might end up being grounded for causing the destruction of a graveyard. Doyce: "Harry, what do you do?" Zombie, filling in: *gurgles* Doyce: "Okay, you need some time to think about it. Next. Charlotte!"
Unfortunately I too have had short notice hijinks crop up, as I now have to pick someone up at the airport... pretty much in the middle of the session.  And I was so looking forward to the fall out of last week's session.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Between this and the time travel stuff, Adam is probably Double Grounded anyway.
Oh, I'm sure Adam can "fix" any concerns over his actions. OFFICER ANSARI: Adam, what's going on here!? ADAM: Kinda got involved in fighting a giant head of human limbs that was trying to invade our world in order to do something apocalyptically awful.. OFFICER ANSARI: [tousles Adam's hair] That's my boy! EVERYONE ELSE: [stares] ADAM: What? EVERYONE ELSE: Awwww, isn't it adorable how supportive Adam's father is of his youthful hijinx? ADAM: [smiles]
And with that said, Margie and I are  available tonight.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
I feel certain we can fill up the time with the folks that will be available, when they are available. Game on!
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
I will be dark next week.
I made a mistake and I'm going to be away from my computer tonight, so I'll be dark. Sorry for the late notice. Harry may never really meet Lucius. 
Margie forgot about a dinner command performance next Monday on her business trip, so she will be dark next Monday (10/29).
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I imagine GG could talk shop with Lucius for awhile longer, while other stuff happens?
I was informed, at curbside departure, that I have Charlotte's proxy, so in case there's anything needful I am empowered to turn the Earth into a vast graveyard. Or, alternately, she can have a long chat with Lucius. 
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: so in case there's anything needful I am empowered to turn the Earth into a vast graveyard
*** Dave H. said: I am empowered to turn the Earth into a vast graveyard. I was going to say that's a lot of power (Adam-levels of empowerment) but I think I'll stay on brand with Bill here.
"If someone asks if you're the General of the Dead ... you ... say ... YES!"
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
So, Monday looks bad. Tomorrow, we have to shift everything out of three bedrooms and my office, so old carpet can be removed and new carpet installed. Monday, after work, we have to shift everything back into those rooms, until the painters are ready to paint them. It is... unlikely I'll accomplish that in the hour I've got at home in the evening, before the game starts.

Edited 1541913980
Here at the Consortium, we are free Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday evenings. (If elsewhen next week works.)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
I (may) have gaming on Wednesday and Thursday, but I won't know about cancellations until the day of, so I could do Tuesday or Friday. Or just wait until next week.
I am free any evening other than Friday.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
How would this Wednesday work?
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
As far as I know I still have other games Wednesday & Thursday, so of the weekdays this week, only Tuesday or Friday are good.
James says:
(Damn, two great GIFs wasted.)
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
*** Dave H. said: (Damn, two great GIFs wasted.)
Though late to the party, I will reiterate that I'm good any evening other than Friday.  I might be able to pull off Friday, but I would likely be late to the start of the game.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Realizing this is getting into last minute notification territory for James, would tonight work? I'm not going to go unless I get a verification from everybody, just because I want to make sure everyone can make it.
I'm good for tonight.

Edited 1542126747
Verified for the three of us.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
Tonight is good for me.
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
Okay we are good for tonight.
Ready to rock.
Bill G.
Pro
Sheet Author
The dice:
Nope ... not yet ...
Doyce
Pro
Sheet Author
So, this isn't a scheduling problem or anything, but it doesn't go anywhere else and I don't need it to be in a new thread. For some inexplicable reason, roll20.net is no longer blocked by the not-so-great firewall.
Doyce T. said: For some inexplicable reason, roll20.net is no longer blocked by the not-so-great firewall. Timing is everything.
Doyce T. said: So, this isn't a scheduling problem or anything, but it doesn't go anywhere else and I don't need it to be in a new thread. For some inexplicable reason, roll20.net is no longer blocked by the not-so-great firewall. While I'm glad to hear that issue has been cleared up, man do you know how to unintentionally instill panic the morning before a game.
While I'm glad to hear that issue has been cleared up, man do you know how to unintentionally instill panic the morning before a game. When Doyce posts in any topic except Scheduling Snafus:     When Doyce posts something in Scheduling Snafus:       
Exactly.