Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to stop the yellow of 'roll results' showing?

Edited 1542186616
I'm only able to run text only games and I'm hoping to use roll tables to help generate room/door descriptions. I've done this by creating a bunch of tables and then running some code that looks like this.... Tables: Door Material Door Latch Door Feature /desc The door is made of [[1t[Door Material]]], it has a [[1t[Door Latch]]] and [[1t[Door Feature]]]. However, is there a way to stop the yellow highlights from appearing in the chat window? Currently I'm having to whisper the results to myself and then copy and paste the text back into the chat window below... I thought, if there isn't a super simple solution, maybe there was an API that could help? Thanks! [[Edit - It looks like someone else asked a similar question 2 years ago, but it doesn't look like they ever quite managed it (<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4260586/disable-the-yellow-box-in-chat-roll/?pageforid=4261062#post-4261062" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4260586/disable-the-yellow-box-in-chat-roll/?pageforid=4261062#post-4261062</a>)]]
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You cant remove the yellow highlighting if using standard chat commands as shown. There are two ways I know of: If you are willing to edit your character sheet, you can change create a rolltemplate that suppresses the yellow highlighting. Someone posted the CSS for that in the last few days. Alternatively you can use an API script, and send your chat to the script, and have the script print it out - you have full control over how that will look. By default, it won't show the highlighting (or any formatting at all). Aaron has a script snippet that can intercept the rolls in text like this /desc The door is made of [[1t[Door Material]]], it has a [[1t[Door Latch]]] and [[1t[Door Feature]]]. and replace them with the actual text, so they don't have any sign they were once rolled.

Edited 1542208720
Spren
Sheet Author
Are you using the 5e OGL sheet by any chance? I noticed a while back that certain rolls in it suppress the yellow styling. For example: &amp;{template:atk} {{desc=You encounter some [[1t[Encounters]]]}} Will roll it with all the text black but the roll will be bold. Easy fix to that would be to make all the text bold: &amp;{template:atk} {{desc=**You encounter some** [[1t[Encounters]]]}} It's not prefect though. The styling is meant to have an attack above it, but it's something.
Ooh. That could work :) I'll test it out and report back!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Additionally, since you are a pro subscriber, you may find Aaron's Rollable Tables script useful for this.
Spren
Sheet Author
Got home from work and tried a few more things. This gave me best look: &amp;{template:traits} {{description=**You encounter some** [[1t[Encounters]]]}} Looks like: It still has a bit of an issue of the rolls being a different size than the rest. Still it's not too bad. If the OGL sheet things is an option than give it a go and see what you think.