Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dice roll bug in group rolls when dice = 0

GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The following roll bugs out when the stat = 0. /roll {@{Stat}d10cs>6cf<1sd}>6 In many games, stats can be modified, and could drop to 0. When the value is zero, nothing happens: no error is given, but nothing at all is printed in chat. There's no indication a roll has been made. When looking in the browser console, it registers an inline roll has been made, but nothing happens. If I remove the >6 check at the end, it does report a result of 0, as expected. But with the >6, when rolling 0 dice, nothing is printed to chat. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks GG. I'll let the dev team know.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Just a note, you can get this to work by doing the following: /roll {0d10cs>6cf<1sd,0d0}>6

Edited 1542741882
That's very cool, Scott C. Applied the work around on a sheet I'm building. Did not work: <button type='roll' value='/roll {@{Storm}d10cs>6cf<1sd}>6f1 + {(5-@{Storm})d6cs>6cf<1sd}>6f1' name='roll_StormCheck'> Worked after a fashion: <button type='roll' value='/roll {@{Storm}d10cs>6cf<1sd}>6f1 + {(5-@{Storm})d6cs>6cf<1sd, 0d6}>6f1' name='roll_StormCheck'> Displays as: {(10 + 10 + 10 + 10 +10)} + {() + ()} Which I guess I need to clean up in a rolltemplate. Thanks - still curious about the bug, though :)
Thank you for reporting this-- I have submitted a ticket to the devs so they can take a closer look.