Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to transfer storage space from one account to another?

I am starting to work for a friend of mine who wants to run professional level games on roll20. He is concerned that the maps and tokens which I create/use for him could be potentially lost if anything were to happen to my account. Since he is paying me for my services, I can see it is a legitimate concern. Is there any way the maps and tokens I create for him go away due to circumstances revolving around my account? Is there a way to have my work move into his storage, so it's his. If not, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remedy such an issue? All suggestions are appreciated :) 

Edited 1543213110
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Ragrook, If they are uploaded to his art library, they are independent of your account. If you are hosting the account through which he runs the games, then if anything happens to your account, the games would be unavailable anyway, let alone the assets. I am assuming that in any case you would have access to all the originals on a hard drive somewhere. I'm not sure if that answers your question. If you can give me a step-by-step on how you think he might lose access to them, I might be able to either put your mind at ease, give you a workflow, or bump you to the dev team.
Hi,  I am the friend in question. Mr. Curtis, just so you understand, I gave him DM privileges in my game and he is creating maps in it. I'm the creator of the game and he was added. I am wondering if he, for example, delete his account, or stop paying for a Pro account, if I'm going to be able to access the maps he made in my game.  Thanks!
I believe that as long as the maps make it in to your game or on to your art library then you're safe no matter what happens to his account. So if he uploads a map to your game, its in your game until you delete it. Also if you click the gear icon next to the map (in the page toolbar) you can archive it (there's a button at the bottom). If he's making the maps in your game to begin with then they (I believe) shouldn't be tied to his account anyways. It's like hes using his Legos to build things at your house, if his house were to suddenly bust in to flames then his Legos that reside at your house would still be fine. Weird analogy but its all I could think of.

Edited 1543228411
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If Ragrook is creating the assets and uploading them to their own library to put into a game you created then anything affecting Ragrook's library would potentially remove the art (deleting from their own library, account deletion etc). You would see broken image links in journal/handout avatars, maps missing etc. Losing pro status will not affect anything however (if over their limit Ragrook would be unable to upload new assets but existing ones, even those over the reduced limit, would remain until manually deleted). I would highly recommend offsite backups just in case. Have Ragrook place all the assets on a single page sized to 1 grid unit, Jonathan could then systematically select>press 'z'>Right click>save as to create a full sized, full resolution copy on his computer for backup... or Ragrook could host the images somewhere collaborative (google drive, dropbox etc) and give Jonathan access that way. At least with these methods, should anything happen to the account with the uploaded assets in their library there will be replacements close at hand!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ziechael has it right. Your current set up is very dependent on both accounts remaining viable.