Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Im New to D20 and had a question about purchased content

I'm thinking about purchasing the a D&D module and was wondering if they come with pre made maps or if I still will have to build them just with the extra content available?

Edited 1543823974
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
All modules and most addons (such as tales of the yawning portal) come with everything setup so all you have to do is read over the handouts, gather some players, and start gaming. Also understand that extra features such as dynamic lighting require the games creator (usually the person who buys the game) to be of the appropriate subscription tier for them to function. What module are you interested in?
I have the lost mine of phandelver that I picked up at the book store before someone told me about this. This is my first game as well as most of my players so I was thinking about just picking it up again here and seeing how it went. I just didn't wanna waste the money if I had to still build it all myself if that makes sense.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It does make sense to ask, but on the other hand it makes extremly lot of sense that the modules would at least include the maps. I mean, if someone where to port a paper-version of some game module into a Roll20 module, I could think porting maps would be the simplest thing to do, if compared to making dozens of tokens, converting statblocks, formatting handsouts and so on. Then of course ig's and entirely different thing if any specific map also includes the advanced features like dynamic lighting and the like, but pretty sure those things are mentioned in the module description. All offical D&D and PF modules have with good likelyhood dynamic lighting lile Pat. S said.
thank you both I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you want to see what the module looks like before purchase, drop me a pm and I will set you up a preview of it. This will let you tinker with it with all the additional features enabled.
Pat S. said: If you want to see what the module looks like before purchase, drop me a pm and I will set you up a preview of it. This will let you tinker with it with all the additional features enabled. thank you but I talked to my players and we are just going to pick it up and go with it. I appreciate the gesture and your speedy and helpful responses. I look forward to lots of fun on this site.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Chuck T. said: I'm thinking about purchasing the a D&D module and was wondering if they come with pre made maps or if I still will have to build them just with the extra content available? Based on the hoops they expect me to clear when I release something on the marketplace you'll get... - Maps - Tokens - Pre-done stats for basically everything - Handouts - Dynamic Lighting - Maybe some other stuff on top of that like PDFs.