Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

roll button in chat via rollTemplate

Edited 1543861014
Kaias C.
Sheet Author
Hi, maybee i'am blind but i cant find (if it's possible) how to display a non repeating roll button in the chat via a rollTemplate. i've found how to link a [label](~repeating_roll) or an [label](!abilities) but not a simple roll in the character sheet @_@ here is an exemple of code : <button type="roll" name="roll_confirmation_fumble_atk" value="&{template:fumble}...">Fumble</button> <fieldset class="repeating_armes"> <button type="roll" value="&{template:atk} {{btn_fumble= [Fumble](confirmation_fumble_atk) }} {{btn_degats=[Dégats](~repeating_armes_rollDegats)}}"> AT </button> <button type="roll" name="roll_rollDegats" value="&{template:dmg}..."> Dégats </button> </fieldset> - when the player click on the AT button, the chat display the rollTemplate with the button "Dégats" and sometimes the button "Fumble" - the button "Dégats" is linked to the roll button named "rollDegats" inside the repeating section "armes" - but i cant find a way to link the button "Fumble" to the roll button "confirmation_fumble_atk" wich is not inside the repeating section
oh nevermind, i found the way : if the roll button is inside the same repeating section, you can use the shortcut : [Damage](~repeating_weapons_rollDamages) but if the roll is global to the sheet, you need the "keyword" characterName : [Fumble](~@{characterName}|confirmation_fumble_atk)
Looking good. I do a similar thing myself. If I ask players for a skill roll or saving throw, I make the button to make the roll appear in the chat. This means that the players just need to click it directly, instead of going into their character sheets.... e.g. - Darvin, could you please make a [Dexterity] saving throw (With advantage)!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nice idea! If you actually have sample code for that, it would make a great Stupid Trick . I think I'll implement something similar, possibly using @{target} so I can easily tailor it for the current player. godthedj said: Looking good. I do a similar thing myself. If I ask players for a skill roll or saving throw, I make the button to make the roll appear in the chat. This means that the players just need to click it directly, instead of going into their character sheets.... e.g. - Darvin, could you please make a [Dexterity] saving throw (With advantage)!
According to the wiki (<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros</a>), you can write the following in the chat to create a button for players : [Label](~&lt;keyword&gt;|&lt;ability name&gt;) With keyword = selected , target or a character_name So, for exemple : Darvin, could you please make a [Dexterity](~Darvin|dexterity_check_rollName) saving throw (With advantage)! BUT , if you use selected or target the selection will trigger after the click, it's not your target / selection when you send the macro in the chat...so the player have to click on the button in the chat then select his token =&gt; not very handy . There is a lot of downside to this trick, you need to type the macro, know the rollName...it's look better to use the sheet for the same effet :D

Edited 1543956619
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Isnt there a way to use html entities with se;ected/target so that it doesnt trigger when you send it, but works properly when the players click it?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It might work if the requests were formulated as separate abilities or macros. I'm going to do some work on this. It sounds like a useful endeavor.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Could you use queries built with the character names and rolls to be executed in drop downs? Then you'd only have two drop downs: Character, Ability to roll...

Edited 1543998390
Kaias C.
Sheet Author
i dont know exactly where do you want to go :s all the abilities rolls are within the character sheet and it look annoying if you need to write a macro while the player can simply click on his sheet. maybe i'm missing sommes elements here :D My chat button is only created by an other ability roll, inside the sheet (kinda like d&amp;d5 by roll20) : When the player roll his attack check, i display the results and an other button in the chat : the damage roll. if the player attack check roll a fumble or a critical, i display a second chat button with the result : the critical check. The damage roll and critical roll are hidden inside the character sheet and can only be triggered within the attack check in the chat