Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Player's unable to move tokens

Yo, one of my players is unable to move around his token. It seems to be happening mostly in advanced lighting, as the entire screen goes grey as if his token been moved to a different layer or the likes. Any fix for this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Check: Settings that the token is controllable by the player or represents a character controlled by the player. That the token is on the Token/Objects layer. That the token is not constrained from moving by dynamic lighting lines or settings. That the token is not constrained by an API script (this would require the games creator to have a Pro subscription, so may be moot). Can anyone else move the token? Beyond those questions,  please carefully work through these steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Yep, it works for a time before it seems to randomly stop functioning Yeah, I've tried switching it back and forth after the problem has occurred, but to no avail Also yeah, it's right in the middle of the map, no constraints whatsoever. Moot I can, but I'm not sure if the other players can. Next time this occurs, I'll switch permissions and check, since it's a bit hard to recreate and seems to occur kinda randomly Got Steps 1-3 Checked and cleared, although the problem still seems to persist. Thanks for the Help Kieth. Any other suggestions?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If steps 1-3 in the troubleshooting guide don't seem to affect the problem, then capturing that log is the next step. With that info, the devs should be able to get a clearer understanding of exactly what is going on. Capture the log while you are experiencing the problem if possible. post it or post a link to the info in pastebin or similar and I'll flag the dev team.
I found that the players can not move a token for their character if the I drug it from the journal to the VTT...  They have to drag it to the VTT from their journals?  This seems like a minor bug if what I think I'm seeing is true.   
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It shouldn't matter who drags the token in, so long as it is set up and then saved correctly .