Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Template Query with Dynamic Roll

I'm trying to make a query within a template. I'm using the NPC templates for my character as they are nice, small, and very neat. This is what I have, @{Ulrick Von Ulrich (Iaceo)|wtype}&{template:npcaction}  {{rname=Callidus Actum}} {{name=bonus action}} {{description=?{Which macro?|Dash,**Dash:** Double your Movement |Disengage,**Disengage:** If you take the Disengage action your movement doesn't provoke opportunity attacks for the rest of the turn. |Hide,**Hide:** When you take the Hide action you make a Dexterity (Stealth) check in an attempt to hide following the rules for hiding. If you succeed you gain certain Advantage on them, and if they attack you they gain Disadvantage } }} However I want to add a stealth roll to the 3rd option which would be something like this: @{Ulrick Von Ulrich (Iaceo)|stealth_bonus} It won't work though. I've tried using the |  & } special characters along with it but to no avail. Is this not possible or is it just above my head?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Does it work if you put it in inline roll brackets, like so: [[@{Ulrick Von Ulrich (Iaceo)|stealth_bonus}]]
Yes, (if I remove the comma after ...on them,...)
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The comma was your problem from the start, from your OP it could be that the only character you didn't replace was that little blighter... if you really want it in there , will do the trick :)
thxs!