Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bug or Not? AC and NPC_AC for compendium different for OGL 5e.

Sheet OGL 5e, Mac, LInux and Windows in Firefox. When dragging and dropping a monster it creates to values in the sheet npc_ac and ac. why are these different. Example below of a Lich. I have tried others with the same results. Craven
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That is particularly odd. You'll want to use the npc_ac option as this one is correct. I'd have to dig into the 5e code to find why it also populated ac.

Edited 1544480210
I believe this is because the ac  attribute is the calculated ac value for PCs (i.e 10+dexterity_mod if no armor is found in the character's items). A lich has a +3 dexterity mod according to the MM which explains the 13, while the statblock shows them having a natural armor of 17.  I also recall the ac  attribute being one of the few attributes that is always calculated regardless of whether the character is a PC or a NPC.