Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

APIs that work on maps that don't have the "Players" flag

There are times when I have the main group on one map (and, Yes, they split the party) with a character or two on a separate map (mainly, different levels of dungeons). Many APIs crash for those people who aren't on the same map as the "Players" red flag while some just don't trigger at all. It shouldn't matter which map a player is on. If a player triggers an API, there should be a way for that API to work on the same map as the player who triggered it. This is really a huge issue when combat is happening on two separate maps and there is an Initiative API running (this is when I notice it the most). Also, trap APIs don't trigger correctly when not on main map, etc. It seems like the API sandbox isn't looking at "populated maps" but only at the map with the "Players" flag. Another is when I am working (as DM) on something on an upcoming map and want to test the API (a door or a trap), I have to move the "Players" flag to my map (which pulls all the players to my current map) and that is not preferable.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This doesn't depend on Roll20, but on the way the scripts are written. You should contact the developers of the specific scripts you have issues with.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Carnivorous Meat, Since this is primarily an issue to be addressed by script writers, placing it in the Suggestion forum won't accomplish much. Roll20 itself writes very few scripts and does not impose a programming style on any of them. You best bet is to take Ulti's advice and to contact the writers of any scripts you feel could benefit form specific changes. The API forum is the most likely place to do this. Since this is not really a fit for the Suggestion forum, I'm going to close it to release your votes. If you feel that this closure was premature or incorrect, you are free to appeal to <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a>.