Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP][Discord][Text] Fate/Dissonance: A Fate/Stay Night RP

Hello roll20, I am searching for a few new players to join my group in a PVP game in a war for the Holy Grail. This is a text-based game that is primarily played on occasional evenings throughout the week depending on the players’ progress overall. I would like players who are flexible RPers who want to create a strong story & engage in tactical thinking within a sandbox setting. Unless 2 masters engage in direct confrontation, most RP will be done between the GM & the player so 1-on-1 primarily. Servants will be statted & played by the GM. Players can attempt to summon specific Heroic Spirits, or allow the Grail to choose for them. Once I have 7 players,l character sheets in by Jan. 4th so pre-war actions & planning can be done before Jan. 11th The system will use a homebrewed one a friend of mine designed to be used as a guideline for text-rp, this is primarily thematic & the players themselves will not be rolling dice. Roll20 will be used to keep notes & display the map of the location. If you are interested, please post the following below: Age: Experience with text RPs: Knowledge of the Fate universe: Little about yourself: Questions:
Age:19 Experience with text RPs: in the midst of two, although they have hit a snag. Knowledge of the Fate universe: loved the first one and watched it aleast twice. Little about yourself: i'm pretty patient and a smartish cookie(pretty quiet) Questions:none at the moment
Age : 25 Experience with text RPs : A decent amount; I've been doing them since high school so I'd hope I'm not too rusty. Knowledge of the Fate universe : More than most but not as much as some people. I'm learning through osmosis some stuff (a majority of my normal rp group has their own Fate game and they know a lot), like small white dogs are bad news, but mostly I've just watched a majority of the animes and played a couple games. Little about yourself : I'm helpful, empathetic, and fun to be around, according to my friends. Normally I'd help with system stuff, but since this is all new to me, I can't really do that here.  Questions : Are we using canon/GO servants or homebrew ones? Also is this going to be canon with any existing timeline or no?
@Thanatoaster, thank you for asking. The servants are going to be homebrewed, I'm not allowing for any servants from Fate/stay night, /zero, or /apocrypha. Any from other Fate sources are allowed but would be re-written, personality, stats, & noble phantasms aren't going to be something you'll know before you summon your servant. I generally  tend  to lean away from canon characters in games because theres less to learn & new historical contexts make the game more interesting. This grail war is going to take place in 2020, a new grail has appeared after the failure in Fuyuki City over a decade ago. The location is TBA once I have a complete set of masters.

Edited 1545273843
do you need discord or?
Discord is required.

Edited 1545273874
are you needing my discord or are you seeing if there is that much interest.
I am just checking for interest right now, I don't usually start adding people immediately, though I don't recommend you post your discord publicly.
yeah sorry for eagerness just love the game concept
Age: 26 Experience with text RPs: I've been doing Text Based Roleplays using the website Gaia Online on their Forums along with their Guilds for probably 8 years now. I'm nothing special, but I do try my best. Which may make me take extra time in replying. Knowledge of the Fate universe: I'm a big fan of the Nasu Universe, and more so into the Fate side of things. I have watched all of the Current Anime Series, played Fate Extra along with Fate Extella. (Waiting for a English patch to be done on CCC) and Ive read a ton of information on the Type Moon Wiki. Little about yourself: I'm pretty pessimistic about myself and constantly say bad things about myself, I like to talk to people but can be anti social at times, I like to try to be helpful and am the worlds worst for mixing up my own words when speaking aloud. Questions: Based on the Main Page of the Game, is that the actual time of the game currently? Because that would be out of my reach, I just wanted to let you know in the event you did consider to allow me joining. :)
iAge:19 Experience with text RPs: I am new to this short of concept but I do write a lot and can read a page of text in less than 30 second Knowledge of the Fate universe: I know some things about fate universe I watched the shows but I couldn't help but look more at the mythology or written history on the Servants but not much about how the mages live and such but willing to learn. Little about yourself: I am a new writer and trying to make a fun new comic book (Not much done yet) and so I do lots of research in history and mythology to be able to get new Ideas for it. I also have a streak of hilarious bad luck. But I have studied the strategy of Hannibal Barca and I have lots of experience in other Rpg settings (Mostly With my character dying). Questions: When can we start? (Just being funny sorry.
Age: 22 Experience with text RPs: I am new to this type of system but I am a fast learner and I enjoy writing  Knowledge of the Fate universe: I have watched unlimited blade works, Fate/Zero, and Fate/Apocalypse Little about yourself: I'm a go with the flow sort of guy that likes to keep the mood light with comedy. I try to be considerate of those with different views and I've been known to make friends with just about anyone. I love the fate/stay night series and I love how they bring history into the present. While I would like to customize my heroic spirit, I find it equally enjoyable knowing that they'll be given out when the series starts. I love strategy and war games and I am intrigued to see how this will play out.  Questions: Will we be able to customize our mage character? (spells, backstory, characteristics) For summoning specific spirits, can we say that we found a specific item from that hero? If not, how would we attempt to summon a specific spirit? I eagerly await your consideration and hope you allow me to partake in this series of murder/death/kill :)
 Age: 24 Experience with text RPs: I've done text RP on a MUD and in another campaign, both real-time.  Knowledge of the Fate universe: Fate/Zero anime, Fate/stay night VN and anime. Limited Fate/Grand Order and Fate/hollow ataraxia knowledge. Little about yourself: I tend to focus on serious, in-character RP. I usually dive pretty deep into both the fluff and the crunch (unsure how much of the latter there is in this system, but not having much in this style of game should be fine). I enjoy the aesthetic and magic of the Fate series, and tactical play appeals to me in any context. Questions: Scheduling is my primary concern at the moment; otherwise, I'll have questions after I read up on the system.
Thanks everyone, I have all the players I need at the current moment.