Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D Next: Looking for another player

Hey all, I have an opening in my campaign. Anyone interested in joining us? We're playing D&amp;D Next, the latest playtest and will be kicking off a new campaign starting next week. We're playing in a homebrew setting called Limthyre. Here's a summary... The characters live in the great City-State of Limthyre at a critical turning point in the nation's history. Thousands of refugees threaten to riot, rumors of the Dark Plague are taking hold in the city, and the deep catacombs beneath the city are, once again, active.&nbsp; The City-State is run by the University of Saint Ignatius. It's a university-church whose reach stretches beyond the City State of Limthyre, but Limthyre is its home -- where Saint Ignatius actually lives.&nbsp; The refugee camp has been around for years. Lately, though there seems to be a huge influx of people. Many of whom are carrying the Dark Plague.&nbsp; The University has done what they can to help. Some claim they are not doing enough -- others too much. Others, still, want to see the camp torched and all refugees killed on sight.&nbsp; Within the city walls, death is virtually unheard of. The understanding of human biology combined with the power of magical healing, the Academy has learned many ways to cure people of many illnesses, including regrowing lost limbs and even reversing the aging process -- for the right tithe, of course.&nbsp; The rumors of the Black Plague are spreading like wildfire. People know people who saw a refugee with the plague. Someone even claims to know someone who knows an actually Citizen with the plague. And many are starting to believe that the Academy is powerless to stop the spread of the Plague.&nbsp; To make matters worse, the catacombs beneath the city, are showing signs of life. For hundreds of years, various wards and protection spells have kept evil at bay, but more than a few people have gone missing in the last few weeks. Howling can be heard echoing through the sewers and tunnels beneath the city.&nbsp; And this is the setting where our adventure starts. Rather than come at you with a predefined campaign, we're going to try something a little different. I'm going to send players the opening scenario. You tell me how your character came to be in that situation. Not your complete history -- just that specific situation. You roll up your character with your limited backstory and we'll get rolling. And, over the course of the game, you can expand on your backstory. The game is D&amp;D Next. Thursday nights at 7:30 CST (US &amp; Canada). Email <a href="mailto:rickcecil@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">rickcecil@gmail.com</a> if you have any questions. Thanks! Rick
Could be fun. I'd like to try to join. I have the playtest packet. What are your rules for character creation?
I'm interested in joining. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'd be a new player to the whole tabletop scene so if you're willing to take on a new player, I'd be very much obliged to join.
Hey Tex and Sean, I might have more room in my group. I should know something this weekend. Can you send me an email at <a href="mailto:rickcecil@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">rickcecil@gmail.com</a>. I'll send you the campaign details if I find out that someone else is dropping out.
Posting interest as a fighter (archer) or as a wizard (evoker). I am new to Roll20, but only sort-of new to D&amp;D Next (I've been following it since the beginning, but I've never actually played it before).