Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Landing Page Gallery

Edited 1537378337
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have posted a description of Landing pages in the Stupid Tricks thread , but this is a place for people to share their creations and how they use them to make a better Roll20 gaming experience. Here’s the spiel from the Stupid Tricks post, just to keep this contained. Please share here, rather than there. Roll20 allows players to log on, even when unattended by a GM. Unless the GM changes the ribbon at the end of a session, this merely takes them to whatever page they were last on, usually the last combat. The idea here is to give them something more useful, and to give your campaign an identity. Enter the Landing Page. Also referred to as a Home Page or a Splash Page, the Landing page is the entry point to your campaign. People have come up with some clever uses for them in the past, but at a bare minimum, the Landing Page should have tokens out for all active characters, so that players can easily work with them in the down time. Other potential elements: A campaign map A map from the recent adventure A text area detailing the last adventure or xp award The latest treasure that has not been divvied up (useful if you use  cards for inventory ) Clues to follow up on A Notice Board of quests in the area A Rogues Gallery of the BBEG and his/her lieutenants An area for players to scribble on with the drawing tools (some people gotta) Images of prominent NPCs or locations A Kill Record— X-ed out tokens of defeated adversaries There have been a couple of Landing Page gallery threads , but they are old enough to now be archived. I have started a new one here, so that people can share their setups and ideas and keep the Stupid Tricks thread more focussed on new tricks.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is my set up. I don’t keep a lot of campaign info here, I have a Google Doc for that. I have a campaign world map that the characters have drawn their latest journey progress on, and a campaign city map. I have a set of trays at the bottom for tokens of different parties. On the upper right, a Kill Board for BBEGs, and on the right, a potion card that is unclaimed. Any player could log on and take that card for their inventory. I know people make a lot heavier use of Landing pages than this, let’s see some creativity!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
From the last game I was running... need to pick that back up...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sigh... Where's that API code? I didn't know it existed, and now I must have it.

Edited 1537385135
Our Stars Without Number Splash PAge &amp; Cluster Map: And they also need the campaign "Bible":&nbsp; <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rVDL5Fp7_irPrF4f2h5wSZqn7UW1xy58/view?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rVDL5Fp7_irPrF4f2h5wSZqn7UW1xy58/view?usp=sharing</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Very cool! Are all the planets clickable by players?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Sigh... Where's that API code? I didn't know it existed, and now I must have it. Original Discussion:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1226651/script-dnd-5e-loading-screen#post-1277649" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1226651/script-dnd-5e-loading-screen#post-1277649</a> New Gist (old one is gone):&nbsp;<a href="https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/03e9ec96542be0f2fe32299d1cdce40d" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/shdwjk/03e9ec96542be0f2fe32299d1cdce40d</a>
keithcurtis said: Very cool! Are all the planets clickable by players? No, the planets and stars got moved around, there is an exhaustive index with additional information on all known occupied planets.&nbsp;
Well, you could always come visit us at The Color Animal Inn : First drink is free!* *with VIP invitation.
Here is my Landing Page from my Princes of the Apocalypse Campaign.
It's wasn't my official landing page as such, since it only diplays plot hooks/missions&nbsp; - but this is what I popped up on screen between games.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Heh. Judas Cleric.

Edited 1540179668
Hello! This is the landing page for our Lost Mine of Phandelver (in Spanish, as you can see, some spoilers ahead, so you've been warned!). Our group is currently waiting for our sixth weekly session, hoping to survive their second raid of Cragmaw Castle, where some old foes have regrouped and waiting to deliver some retribution. It promises to be a tough and exciting encounter! Anyways, here is a breakdown of the splash page: These are the player tokens, linked to their pages. The portraits are custom made for the characters, inspired in some art they gave me on the first session and some descriptions.They are Edgard (paladin), Ulfgar (barbarian), Qui (sorcerer/warlock), Tony (druid) and Belhoran (monk). This is their quest log. They are currently trying to sweep through Cragmaw Castle and claim those 500 shiny coins from Sildar, but still have some side quests to complete. Also, there is a custom made quest regarding misleading drow that escaped prison through some kind of shapeshifting trick and stole Gundren map while posing as his cousing Ulfgar. Though blow for the group and the Rockseekers! This is the Factions of the Forgotten Realms, and how they see the party. So far they are in good terms with Sildar and the Lord's Alliance, and they know Garaele is working for the Harpist and have accepted her quest. Edgard also received from Edermath an invitation to join the Gauntlet Order, but he said he will "think about it". It seems that they might get a glance of the Emmerald Enclave soon, since they are planning on visiting Thundertree (so excited about that chapter!). This is the cemetery, so far pretty empty. Good for the boys. On the side, a note from the misterious Black Spider adressed to Glasstaff. Fishy things, all over the place. Finally, a quick preview of the regional map (Sword Coast, near Neverwinter).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Very, very slick!
Landing page of my current WFRP Campaign.
This looks awesome!

Edited 1541718262
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
My GURPS After the End campaign - landing page (yeah simple)
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
My friend's Pathfinder EarthSea campaign - landing page (I designed it for him)

Edited 1541719310
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
My GURPS Fantasy Banestorm campaign - landing page
Kai
Sheet Author
Gave it a try - my first homepage for my Curse of Strahd campaign.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
that looks really nice
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Tarokka cards are a nice touch.