Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Changing sheet edit/control on the fly

Is there a way (I assume via API) to change the player edit/control rights of a sheet without manually opening and editing, etc.? I want to change the control/sight of a token that references a sheet (that currently is set to all players) to limit to a specific player who has control of a token, ideally, using a macro. Does that make sense? I mean, the simplest solution would have the option to change the token control from sheet setting to a player but I don't think that is possible.

Edited 1546116941
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can change all the properties of a token using the indispensable tokenMod script (available in the One Click installer). You can switch which sheet a token is linked to. If you have a token linked to sheet that is controlled by all players, you could switch it to a sheet controlled only by one player, by changing its "represents" property.  If the token has bars linked to a character's attributes, this will need careful handling to avoid changing the values, but if attributes aren't linked, it's pretty simple.
Thanks, GiGs, I'm actually using Tokenmod to change a token image (using faces of a rollable table token), it's size, vision and which sheet it represents for Polymorph spell. The issue is I need to limit the vision of the token to a specific player whose PC is polymorphed to a form that is available to all players. For example, a Giant Ape. The Giant Ape sheet is set to be controlled by all players so they can move and see with that token. I don't want to have separate Giant Ape sheets for each player. Unless there is no other way.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If there is a Giant Ape token on the map, you can change that token's represents field. Any other token grabbed from the giant ape character sheet will still be universal. This is great if the token stays on the map, but might be finicky if you have to keep recreating it.  A solid way to handle your issue might be to have an API script that copies the form's character sheet, renames it, and sets its ownership to just the one player affected. You'd end up with extra sheets in your character sheet list, but it would work.