Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Quick question about links in journals and rolling dice

I'm somewhat confused. I'm trying to build an adventure in my journal and would like to have a couple links to attack rolls and damage rolls for some traps just be links that I can click and roll with appropriate modifiers but can't seem to get the syntax correct. In chat, it should be as simple as /roll d20+5, but what do I need to enter into a link to get it to roll and display to chat when clicked? Even better if I could get it to display the attack or trap name and roll result without the "rolling d20+5" text that i get from manually entering the command into chat.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You need to specify the number of d20s to be rolled, even if it is only one: /roll 1d20+5 To display just the number, use inline rolling: [[1d20+5]]
thanks, it was actually the ` before the double brackets that was throwing me off. Finally figured it out!