Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trying to add Rage query to a macro

Hi guys, First time posting here and am delving into the wonderful world of Macros. I am trying to add a query to a weapon roll macro that adds Rage. The query is ?{Rage?|Yes,2|No,0} I am inserting it into the standard code that comes out when you press the weapon attack roll button within the OGL contributed character sheet. i.e. as below.... &{template:5eDefault} {{character_name=@{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|character_name}}} {{title=@{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|meleeweaponname1}}} {{subheader=@{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|character_name}}} {{subheaderright=Melee attack}}  {{weapon=1}} {{simple=1}} {{rollname=Attack}} {{roll1=[[ 1d20cs>@{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|meleeweaponcritrange1} + [[@{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|meleetohit1}]] + [[@{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|global_melee_attack_bonus}]] ]]}} {{weapondamage=[[@{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|meleedmg1} + [[@{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|meleedmgbonus1}]] + [[(@{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|global_melee_damage_bonus})]] + [[(?{Rage?|Yes,2|No,0})]] ]] @{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|meleedmgtype1}}} {{weaponcritdamage=Additional [[@{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|meleecritdmg1}]] damage}} @{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|classactionmeleeweapon}} @{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|ro_melee1} @{Elk Ag of Clan Vunga|classactionmeleeweapon} The output works as intended, apart from a second 3D damage dice being rolled on screen. The dice isn't included in the calculations though, which is good, but what am I doing wrong? Many thanks. Alison x
Remove the second "?" ?{Rage|Yes,2|No,0}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't use the OGL sheet, so I can't answer authoritatively, but in general, many D&D templates and sheets actually roll twice the number of required dice, in case of a critical hit. Macros have no conditional logic, so they can't "know" if a hit is critical or not before the damage is rolled. The roll template hides these extra dice, only displaying them if necessary. The 3D Dice are "dumb". They just know a die is being rolled and display it graphically. My advice is to either turn off 3D Dice or ignore them, save for manual rolls.
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, I believe it is the fault of the 3D dice roller rolling the critical damage dice even if it isn't required. Bit of a shame, but hey ho.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, I don't use it for any system that has an "extra dice if" feature.