Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a roll20 Character Sheet Slack server?

Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Cause there really should be one. 

Edited 1547003853
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
At this time there is nothing along these lines.  For your suggestions, we offer the Suggestions & Ideas forum, which is based on voting from the whole community.  Please review our Forum Voting wiki page for more information on how voting works, and our Posting to Suggestions & Ideas section of the Code of Conduct .
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Richard T, Currently there is not a Slack server or other chat program for sheet authors. This forum can be a great place to post for help. A lot of the experience authors reply on a regular basis so its a wealth of knowledge. Is there anything in particular you are looking for? Faster help? Chat with peers? Just curious what appeals to you from a chat server over the forum. Thanks for feedback in advance, Cassie
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the comments!  I didn't think the Suggestions forum was appropriate since i was checking if there was any, and if there wasn't I suppose anyone could set one up.  I definitely appreciate the forum as a place to get help and somewhat archive answers but sometimes, as a self-taught sheet editor, you feel pretty lame scratching your head over something seemingly simple. A more organic back and forth can sometimes be helpful; I can imagine a rapid pace back and forth of hex-codes for color swatches for a character-sheet background.  If there's no one on the community team who is interested on taking over the work of setting up a Slack I suppose I'm volunteering myself to do one. Of course, someone more familiar with the movers and shakers of the character-sheet community would be super helpful to help jumpstart membership as well.  --time to look up how to setup a slack group. 
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Feel free to DM me an e-mail if you'd like to join up~
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the reply. I understand how you feel. I learned to code by making characters sheets. :) There is currently not anything official of the sort. Naturally when introducing a new tool it requires some level of administration and everyone has a lot of tasks. I believe you will find some interest out there though for such a place. Just have care advertising it too openly on the public forums as there is a pretty strict moderation policy about outside links.  Muchos Gracias, Cassie