Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How Have I Messed Up Such a Simple Macro?

I'm trying to make a super simple macro that prompts for either a regular d20 roll or two d20s at once (adv/disadv). If you select regular, you have the option to input how many d20s (1d20, 2d20, 3d20, etc.) plus a modifier. If you select multi, it should prompt for a modifier used on both of the d20s, then display each side by side. For some reason, though, the drop-down menu gives me the options "Normal" and "1". Selecting Normal gives a gibberish prompt, then outputs more gibberish with like 4 d20 rolls spaced throughout. 1 asks for a modifier then does nothing. Any help?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is because roll queries terminate at the first }  they encounter, separate into new options at each | , and split into option name and option value at each comma. In order to nest roll queries, you need to do html encoding per the advanced roll query information . While the above is certainly possible, I might suggest that you look at using api command buttons to create a chat menu instead as it is less prone to nesting errors.