Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Convert Excel sheet to Roll20

Hello guys! I'm new, and i'm trying to understand how Roll20's features work. Here, i'm stuck on the Character sheet...  I am migrating my own board game to Roll20, and I want to import my custom sheet template. But I don't know HTML or CSS... Can I import or convert an Excel sheet in .ods to HTML, or whatever, to use it in Roll20? If yes, how can I do that? And if not, what can I do instead? And, if the only solution is to recreate it from A to Z, can someone do it for me please? Thank you, to who can help me!
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
You'll likely need to find someone with the knowledge to do the coding.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Ripper said: Can I import or convert an Excel sheet in .ods to HTML, or whatever, to use it in Roll20? If yes, how can I do that? And if not, what can I do instead? And, if the only solution is to recreate it from A to Z, can someone do it for me please? Yes, it possible to convert an excel sheet to html code, but the result is garbage and more problem to shape into useful code than starting from scratch. I know this from experience. The wiki have guides on how to create character sheet. I also suggest to look at the existing sheets and use one of them for template when you wan to create your sheet
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ripper said: And, if the only solution is to recreate it from A to Z, can someone do it for me please? I'm sorry to inform you that is is what you'll need to do, and it's unlikely you'll be able to get anyone to do it for you. Making a character sheet is a massive amount of work. You can ask though! There is a character sheet request thread here . It'll be a good idea to post a picture of the character sheet, and if your system is similar to an already existing one, it's a lot more likely someone will be able to do it for you.
Thank you guys. I tried my best yesterday to create something with the help of the wiki, but that's way to hard for me. I'll probably ask someone to help me. Thank you for your answers!

Edited 1547310154
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
EDIT:  This thread could be moved to the  Character Sheets & Compendium  subforum Ripper said: Thank you guys. I tried my best yesterday to create something with the help of the wiki, but that's way to hard for me. I'll probably ask someone to help me. Thank you for your answers! I'd still encourage you to look at how existing sheets looks like to see if you can find a existing sheet that seems similar enough that could be used as a base to create your sheet. If you go to the "Create New Game" and select sheets from the dropdown, it shows a preview image of how they look. By finding a similar sheet to start from would regardless help even if someone else does the sheet for you. Post a picture of the sheet here and some of us might have a suggestion or two already
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Agreed. Done. :) Andreas J. said: EDIT:  This thread could be moved to the  Character Sheets & Compendium  subforum

Edited 1547319439
Andreas J. said: I'd still encourage you to look at how existing sheets looks like to see if you can find a existing sheet that seems similar enough that could be used as a base to create your sheet. If you go to the "Create New Game" and select sheets from the dropdown, it shows a preview image of how they look. By finding a similar sheet to start from would regardless help even if someone else does the sheet for you. Post a picture of the sheet here and some of us might have a suggestion or two already In fact, my sheet is based on the Pathfinder one. But I made it lighter, to be easier to use for beginners, with custom rules and mechanics. By the way, I want it in french. So probably the Pathfinder (Simple) sheet in the Roll20 list could be a nice start, but I think there is much work to make it like mine. I don't know... maybe not. I don't realize the amount of work a sheet like mine represent for someone who handle HTML. Check this out and tell me if it's possible... <a href="https://www.docdroid.net/UiuqCaI/fiche-perso-2.pdf" rel="nofollow">https://www.docdroid.net/UiuqCaI/fiche-perso-2.pdf</a> I only need pages 2 to 8, like in separate tabs or whatever