Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Molvay Character Sheet - Using Templates with Rolls

Hi, I'm currently using Amanda the Amazon's Moldvay character sheet, I currently have a macro that is coded like this: &{template:default} {{name=Weather Roll}} {{Weather Type=[[1t[Weather-Table]]]}}  I was wondering if anyone knew how I could change this so--instead of using the default template--it uses the one that the Moldvay character sheet uses for it's rolls? Thanks, John
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The template on the Moldvay sheet (in the github) shows it uses &(template:mold). Did you try using that for your template macro?
Thanks Pat but I think you're talking about a different sheet, I had a look on github and the sheet i'm using has odnd as the template. I've currently got this: &{template:odnd} {{title=Weather Roll}} {{Weather Type=[[1t[Weather-Table]]]}}  This produces the temple with the appropriate title but doesn't show the result, I think I need to change "Weather Type" in the code to something else but not sure what, anyone got any ideas?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I was looking at this Moldvay sheet as I thought it was the only one. Is there another one?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The only other thought that hit me is to run it as a custom sheet and build a  roll template  to reflect what you want.into the sheet. You can have multiple roll templates in a sheet.

Edited 1547321972
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Looking at the html, it doesn't seem to have a tag for "notes" or "text". The closest I could find to a tag that had no specific formatting was "Monsterability". So this should work: &{template:odnd} {{title=Weather Roll}} {{Monsterability=[[1t[Weather-Table]]]}} Minor Old Guy nitpick: Moldvay is not OD&D. That's the three little brown books I have in the drawer near my desk.
Thanks very much, I'd reached the same conclusion myself after looking at the HTML on Github. Unfortunately with Monsterability  the text can overlap itself in a weird way, I ended up going for this: &{template:odnd}{{title=Weather Table}} {{surprise=[[1t[Weather-Table]]]}} Which seems to work pretty well :) 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Great! I really think that every Roll Template (including the default one) should have a notes or text tag for just plain text dumping.