Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DeathTracker and Generic Tokens

Hi, im liking all the comfort that comes with the API's one gets when becoming a Pro Member. I installed the DeathTracker because my group has the Houserule that you don't know the monsters HP but you know when it is below half HP (As in Bloodied in 4E). This works great with the PC Tokens and some NPC Tokens too (when there tokens are linked to the character sheet) but not with generic tokens like the one you get when you drag them out of the Compendium. Is there a workaround for this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There shouldn't be any functional difference between and NPC token and one dragged from the Compendium. Two Questions: 1) Are you instead dragging a token from your art library, not linked to any sheet? 2) Which sheet are you using?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do the tokens you drag out from the compendium have a Max HP set on the HP bar?
HI, keithcurtis said: There shouldn't be any functional difference between and NPC token and one dragged from the Compendium. Two Questions: 1) Are you instead dragging a token from your art library, not linked to any sheet? 2) Which sheet are you using? 1. I dont know how this would work. The DeathTracker Script currently works fine with PCs and NPC but not with those that have the "None/Generic Token" Attribute in their "Represents Character" Field. 2. I'm using the 5th Edition OGL Sheet by Roll20. GiGs said: Do the tokens you drag out from the compendium have a Max HP set on the HP bar? The Tokens have a Max HP set, but not a current HP, as in they enter the Battlefield with 0 HP. My Settings for this looks like this. (<a href="https://imgur.com/a/58odlf9" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/58odlf9</a>)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This sounds like it might be an issue with the script, that it is not designed for use with generic tokens. In any case, your best bet is to send a PM to the author,&nbsp; Robin &nbsp;Kuiper, or to open an issue on the github tracker , (requires a free gihub membershop to post). If you create an issue to track, be sure to give thorough reproduction steps.