Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

LFP D&D 3.5 Homebrew Noob Campaign

Edited 1547092199
I'm running a drop-in campaign for players who are new to D&amp;D or who are interested in learning how to play 3.5. The plan is to run a series of one-off adventures which follow a linear progression but allow players to jump in and out as their schedule permits. I will have pre-fabbed character sheets for players to pick from with the option for players to make a new character in the future, once they are familiar and comfortable with the game. Sessions will run every Tuesday night 6-10 pm MT. All sessions will be optional but the more sessions you attend, the more items (mundane, masterwork, exceptional and magical) you will accumulate. If you are interested, email me at&nbsp; <a href="mailto:taibhsear71@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">taibhsear71@gmail.com</a> , PM me on here or leave a comment. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here so everyone can see them and the answers. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/127929/noobling-grotto" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/127929/noobling-grotto</a>
I use this survey to determine what players expect from the game. It makes it easier to run adventures and encounters which the players will enjoy. Player Preferences &nbsp; Combat Frequency &nbsp; Limited: &nbsp;Minimal combat encounters, just what’s needed to resolve the conflicts involved in the story. No unrelated or random combat encounters. Casual: &nbsp;Story based combat encounters, with logical side encounters, and minimal random encounters. Adventurer: &nbsp;Combat driven story encounters, with logical side encounters, and common random encounters. Radical: &nbsp;Combat driven story encounters, with many side encounters, and frequent random encounters. Monty Hall: &nbsp;“Why is there a dragon’s lair 150 feet from the main trade route?” No answer provided. “I roll initiative.” &nbsp; Combat Style &nbsp; Tactical: &nbsp;Encounters are designed to test your knowledge of game mechanics, strategy, and movement. Failure to excel in these things means death for your character. Advanced: &nbsp;Encounters are designed to exploit mechanics, strategy, movement. Failure to overcome these challenges results in losses for your character. Adventure: &nbsp;Encounters designed to challenge mechanics, strategy, and movement. Failure to overcome these challenges results in tougher encounters and diminished rewards. Radical: &nbsp;Encounters designed to challenge your ability to give and receive damage. Failure to maximize&nbsp;armour&nbsp;class,&nbsp;hit points and damage potential results in the party laughing at how useless you were in that last fight. Monty Hall: &nbsp;“89 points from one hit? Ouch! I power attack for 20.” &nbsp; Story Significance &nbsp; Story Driven: &nbsp;Encounters are designed around detailed plots and conflicts. Key details could mean the difference between life or death. Important Plot: &nbsp;Encounters are designed with plot details in mind. Key details could mean the difference between winning and losing. Adventurer: &nbsp;Encounters are designed with some plot detail in mind. Key details could provide shortcuts and tricks to defeating foes. Unimportant: &nbsp;Encounters are designed with minor plot details in mind. Key details could provide an advantage in defeating foes. Irrelevant: &nbsp;“I’m sorry, did you say 400 ogres come over the hill?” Bingo chips slip onto the game map. “I cast&nbsp; divine power &nbsp;and&nbsp; righteous might &nbsp;before they close the distance.” &nbsp; Story Type &nbsp; Steeped in Intrigue: &nbsp;Encounters are designed around trying to figure out who is the enemy in a tangled web of lies. Scandalous: &nbsp;Encounters are designed around shifting political loyalties and uncertain motives. Enemies in these encounters may not show their faces or may not be obvious. Adventurer: &nbsp;Encounters are designed around mysteries and strange events. Untangling these stories will provide much-needed information. Limited Mystery: &nbsp;Encounters are designed around odd occurrence and unlikely events. Discovering the cause of these events may help resolve them. Monty Hall: &nbsp;“Does it have loot and/or large bags of&nbsp;xp?” &nbsp; Treasure Importance &nbsp; Unimportant: &nbsp;Loot is minimal. Magic items are sparse. Surviving as an adventurer is a tough life forced on you by circumstance. Casual: &nbsp;Loot is reasonable. Magic items are rare. Surviving as an adventurer is an easy life albeit a dangerous one. It’s probably the best paying occupation for the individual’s skills. Adventurer: &nbsp;Loot is free-flowing. Magic items are uncommon. The lifestyle of an adventurer is luxurious and envied by most although skill dangerous. It’s the best paying occupation for the individual’s skills. Extravagant: &nbsp;Loot is abundant. Magic items are common. The lifestyle of an adventurer is luxurious almost from day one. Adventurers are everywhere, vying for quests and treasure maps. It’s such a great occupation that anyone with&nbsp;armour&nbsp;and a weapon claims to be an adventurer. Unfortunately, the danger level remains, leading to many unskilled adventurers being dinner for trolls. Monty Hall: &nbsp;“I start opening the portable holes then I get out the shovels.” &nbsp; Game Pace &nbsp; Relaxed: &nbsp;Unless the plot demands it, the game moves slowly from one event to the next. Emphasis is placed on resolving conflicts and moving the story forward. Adventures and quests are spaced out with plenty of downtime between for research and training in between. Combat encounters rarely (1%) happen between adventures. Easy Going: &nbsp;The game is always moving forward but events are still spaced out. There may be time for training and research, but you never know what might come up next week. If an opportunity comes up, you might not want to turn it down as it may be a while before the next knock on the door comes. Combat encounter can happen at any time but seldom (10%) do. Adventurer: &nbsp;The game moves forward quickly with overlapping events, adventures, or quests. Even during down times, adventure is never far off. Combat encounters are uncommon (30%) but present a much more significant risk. Radical: &nbsp;The game moves forward at a dizzying pace. There is constantly something that needs to be dealt with and never enough time to get to it all. Lackeys are sent to deal with lesser issues while the party prioritizes their conflicts. Monty Hall: &nbsp;“FIRST we deal with the&nbsp;tarrasque, then we’ll go after the dragons, and we can send our cohorts to deal with the hobgoblin army closing to the east.” &nbsp; Advancement &nbsp; Relaxed: &nbsp;Leveling is a moderately rare occurrence. Most significant NPCs will level once per year depending on the events of the game. In game time, you can expect about this rate of advancement through levels. Easy Going: &nbsp;Leveling is more common. Players can expect to level several times in a year of the game depending on the events of the game. Adventurer: &nbsp;Leveling is common. Players can expect to level each month of game time depending on the events of the game. Radical: &nbsp;Level&nbsp;is very common. Players can expect to level each week of game time depending on the events of the game. Monty Hall: &nbsp;“YES! I killed it! Did we level?” &nbsp; Game Play Tone &nbsp; Serious: &nbsp;We play the game and only the game. No dick jokes. No puns. No out of character comments. This is&nbsp;D&amp;D,&nbsp;not kindergarten. Easy Going: &nbsp;We play the game with a serious tone, but no one complains if someone drops out of character to mention the score of the last hockey game or to make a perfectly timed&nbsp;pun. Entertainment: &nbsp;We play the game for the fun of playing. Our enjoyment takes president over the tone of the game. Radical: &nbsp;We play the game as a backdrop for hanging out and having a good time. Some sessions may be dominated by old stories or current events depending on how everyone feels each time we get together. Monty Hall: &nbsp;“I chuck my&nbsp;greataxe&nbsp;at a pregnant Gnoll. SO MUCH PLACENTA!” &nbsp; Meta-Gaming Tone &nbsp; Serious: &nbsp;Nothing about the game world is known beyond what you have experienced in the game. The party is formed organically and comes together without consulting each other about races, classes, skills, or feats. Easy Going: &nbsp;Everyone tries to remember not to use real-world knowledge or make decisions based on what page the Monster Manual is open to currently. The party comes together semi organically with an overriding theme. Entertainment: &nbsp;Everyone tries to keep it out of the game, but we don’t care that much unless it spoils someone’s enjoyment. The party comes together with a theme to provide player cohesion and make the game move forward in a logical sense. Radical: &nbsp;No one really tries to keep metagaming out and no one really cares. The party is manufactured to be as cohesive as possible and fill all the roles they can. Monty Hall: &nbsp;“I’m not sure. Can I roll a knowledge (meta-gaming) check?” &nbsp; Time Management &nbsp; To help me best use my time, let me know which of these are most important to you (1st-7th). I don't mind doing any of the options, but I would like to know which things my time would be most appreciated. &nbsp; Detailed maps and dungeons (lavishly decorated versus walls and squares) Interesting stories and plots (meaningful hooks and stories versus monsters let's go kill them) Detailed and interesting NPCs (fleshed out and interactive versus the guy who buys our loot) Fleshed out locations (Inns, towns, counties maps versus descriptions or theater of the mind) Unique or custom monsters (never the same thing versus cookie cutter MM versions) Customized treasure (unique items, detailed loot, instead of cash value) Detailed magic Items (history, description, unique abilities versus stats and page number in DMG)
Just some fun reading&nbsp;from past games.
My worlds borrows from serval sources but the most common is the FR. While many of the names may seem similar none of them are the same as the gods from the FR. After decades of playing my pantheon has evolved&nbsp;away from the realms. Good Gods God&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Title&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Portfolio&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Element &nbsp; Septimus&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mover of the Planets&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; God of Strength&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Earth power (5) Tyr&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Even Handed&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Justice Helm&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Unsleeping Eyes&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Protection Torm&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;The True&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Honour Calhoun&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Hand of Septimus&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Nobility Chauntea&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Great Mother&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Agriculture &nbsp; Earth power (5) Lathander&nbsp; &nbsp; Morning Lord&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Light&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fire power (4) Deneir&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Scribe to Ao&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Language Mielikki&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Lady of the Forest &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Forests Greyvein&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Hand of Chauntea&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; God of Harvests&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Earth power (1) Sune&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Firehair&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Beauty&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fire power (5) Tymora&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Lady Luck&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Good Luck&nbsp;&nbsp; Selune&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Our Lady of Silver&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Moonlight&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Air power (3) Shaundakul&nbsp; Rider of the Winds&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Travel&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Air power (2) Saxon&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Hand of Sune&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Romance&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fire power (1) &nbsp; Neutral Gods God&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Title&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Portfolio&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Element &nbsp; Mystra&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Lady of Mysteries&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Magic Nytros&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Master of Combat&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Order Thoth&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Lord of Science&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Knowledge Newon&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Master of the Mind&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Psionics Azuth&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Hand of Mystra&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Arcana Silvanus&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Oak Father&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Nature&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Water Power (5) Eldath&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Maiden of Serenity&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Peace&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Water power (4) Waukeen&nbsp; &nbsp;Merchants’ Friend&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Trade&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gond&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Wonder Bringer&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Crafting Englewood Hand of Silvanus&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Weather&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Air power (1) Umberlee&nbsp; Queen of Chaos&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Chaos&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Water power (5) Tempus&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Lord of Battles&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of War Malar&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Beastlord&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Hunting Dynus&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Pleasure Child&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Freedom&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Air power (2) Crowus&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hand of Umberlee&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Strife &nbsp; Evil Gods God&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Title&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Portfolio&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Element &nbsp; Set&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Serpentlord&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Evil Bane&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Blacklord&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Hate Bhaal&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Lord of Murder&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Murder Loviatar&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Maiden of Pain&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Suffering Yatu&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Hand of Set&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Vengeance Shar&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Mistress of the Night&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; God of Darkness&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Air power (5) Rangore&nbsp; &nbsp; Plague Bringer&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Disease Mask&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Lord of the Shadows&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; God of Thieving Auril&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Frostmaiden&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Winter&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Water power (2) Talona&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hand of Shar&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;God of Poison Myrkul&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Lord of the Bones&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; God of Death Talos&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Destroyer&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Destruction&nbsp; Air Power (4) Beshaba&nbsp; Maiden of Misfortune &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; God of Bad Luck Loki&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Prince of Amusement&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; God of Mischief Vecna&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hand of Myrkul&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; God of Undeath
I've amalgamated&nbsp;more skills, similar to the changes from 3.0 to 3.5 and borrowed some from PF 4e and 5e. Acrobatics (Dex) Appraise (Int) Athletics (Str) Bluff (Cha) Craft (Int) Diplomacy (Cha) Disable Device (Int) Disguise (Cha) Escape Artist (Dex) Handle Animal (Cha) Heal (Wis) Insight (Int) Intimidate (Cha) Intuition (Wis) Knowledge (arcana) (Int) Knowledge (dungeoneering) Knowledge (engineering) Knowledge (geography) (Int) Knowledge (history) (Int) Knowledge (local) (Int) Knowledge (nature) (Int) Knowledge (nobility) (Int) Knowledge (planes) (Int) Knowledge (religion) (Int) Linguistics (Int) Perception (Wis) Perform (Cha) Profession (Wis) Ride (Dex) Rope Use (Dex) Sense Motive (Wis) Sleight of Hand (Dex) Spellcraft (Int) Stealth (Dex) Survival (Wis) Use Magic Device (Cha) Wild Empathy (Cha)

Edited 1546978588
Andormu,&nbsp;the bronze wyrmling, was rescued from gnolls in the hills east of Nibbenay by the Old King about 5 decades ago. The king refused his service at that point because he was too young and vulnerable to bring to the capital city of Ogo.&nbsp;Andormu reluctantly agreed but remained in the hills so he could be close if the king ever needed him. After the king's death, he infiltrated the palace to investigate the sudden passing of his friend but couldn't get close enough to anyone in the palace to get any information. After&nbsp; Maria Screven died, Patch and&nbsp; Andormu joined forces to uncover what was going on.

Edited 1546978885
While searching the Old Kings chamber for clues, Patch was discovered by the new king Symus.&nbsp;Patch&nbsp;was unarmed because he couldn't sneak weapons into the palace so he grabbed the Old King's greatsword off the mantle and confronted Symus. Patch was a skilled warrior and had trained Symus when he was young so he no trouble besting the New King. Patch fled the city, with the sword (The Blood Sword of Nibbenany) and became a wanted man. His affiliation with the Silver Swords allowed him to return to Ogo shortly after but he remained underground (figuratively) for the next two decades. The "welcome to Ogo" post happens when he gives the blood sword to Sir Jamie Corbinon.
Jamie’s Backstory &nbsp; Corbinon House - Lord Jonathan Corbinon, male human fighter 8/cavalier 2, Sir Lyle II, male human fighter 8, Sir Jonathan II, male human fighter 7, Sir Matthew, male human fighter 6, Sir Luke, male human fighter 5, Jackson, male human fighter 4, Henry, male human fighter 4, and David, male human fighter 3, Lady Elizabeth, female human aristocrat 4 Lyle Corbinon earned a knighthood and eventually a noble title defending the Village of Denz from Minotaur raids prior to the construction of the Denz Keep. He passed on his title to his only son, Jonathan Corbinon. Jonathan went on to sire many sons, Sir Lyle II, Sir Jonathan II, Sir Matthew, Sir Luke, Jackson, Henry and David. After many years, The Corbinon House was blessed with another son, but few remember Lady Elizabeth being pregnant prior to the arrival of Jamie. The Corbinon title encompasses the north-eastern portion of the Waldorf Barony. &nbsp; Recently it has been revealed to you that your mother is your aunt (day/week before the real adventure). Your biological mother (Maria Screven - your real last name) came to stay with your adopted parents after becoming pregnant with the crown prince’s child. After giving birth to you, she asked your adoptive mother to assume her responsibilities as she would not be able to care for the child and the crown would not be understanding about the bastard child’s presence in the royal palace. Four years after resuming her duties in the royal palace your biological mother fell down the servant’s stairs and died. There was no formal inquiry into her death, but four other servants signed witness statements testifying to the official account. Your father went on to become king of Nibbenay and expanded the kingdom into the minotaur plains, claiming that domain as a second kingdom then declaring himself emperor of the newly conquered territory. While many have contested the validity of his title and the significance of the worthless plains, control of the area greatly improved the security of southern Nibbenay and left Denz as the only weak spot in the southern defenses. Your adoptive family has worked tireless to help secure the area and has made great strides toward ridding the barony of threats. You have been squiring for your brothers and training for the day you are graced with the opportunity to earn your own knighthood. Liz (mom): Well, that went splendidly. Jon (dad): Don't look at me. I told you he wasn't ready and should just give him some space. I wasn't worried about his ventures into the hills. He had a horse, apparently a new war horse, now that I think about it, and he favours his bow. He was fine. Liz: Did you see how much blood he was covered in? And the condition of his clothes? He wasn't hunting, he was being hunted. Jon: He made it back and so did his companions. It may have been a tough, and possibly senseless battle, but he survived. Liz: This time! We promised Maria we would keep him safe. Jon: And he is safe. You can't baby him your whole life. He was going to leave the nest eventually. The only thing keeping Jackson, Henry and David here is that they are holding out for their own knighthoods, which I can't even give them. Once they realize there's no future in our lands, they will petition another lord or baron for titles. Liz: I know. He was just so angry when he left. I don't think he'll come back. Jon: He'll be fine. He kept his wits and caught me so off guard I didn't even get a swing on him. He's fast, clever, and wise enough to know when not to fight. He must get that from your sister. None of our boys had the good sense to retreat. It's only by the grace of Calhoun Lyle didn't kill me.
Liz: Did you find him? Lyle: Not exactly, mother. Liz: Don't take that tone with me. Lyle: I don't have time for this foolishness. I have responsibilities of my own. Liz: That doesn't mean you can speak to people like that, especially your mother. Lyle: Fine, I'm sorry. I will be respectable when I'm carrying out pointless favours for Lady Elizabeth. Liz: That's better. What do you mean not exactly? He couldn't have gone that far. Lyle: He didn't but I didn't find him, which is probably for the best. If he knew I was spying on him, he'd probably never talk to me again either. Liz: If you didn't find him, how do you know he didn't go far? Lyle: He's paid for a room at the Jug, where he hangs out with those "friends" of his. He paid for a whole month, so he's not going anywhere soon. Liz: I'll ride out there in the morning and collect him. Lyle" No, you will most certainly not "collect him" in the morning. You will leave him alone. He's safe and you are overreaching. Trying to smother him won't make him want to come back. And if father finds out you've pulled me from patrol to help you push this matter, there will be hell to pay. Liz: He doesn't need to know. Lyle: Indeed. Also, you owe Bones 15 pies. Liz: Why? Lyle: Because I only had five silvers on me and apparently his "clientele's privacy" is worth more than that. It seems the lady's homemade pies, on the other hand, carry much more sway over him.
Liz: He's gone. Jon: What do you mean he's gone? Liz: He was staying at The Jolly Jug in Denz but he's left. Jon: How do you know that? Liz: I sent Molly to check on him. Jon: You sent Molly marching cross country, alone? Liz: I gave her a horse. Jon: I don't think I really want to know. Liz: He's left Denz and been gone for three days. Jon: Alright… and? Liz: Where could he have gone? Lyle: To the capital. Liz: Why would he go to the capital? He knows he's not supposed to go there. Lyle: He's gone to find about Auntie Maria, that would be my guess. Liz: Why would he do that? He doesn't even remember her… She died before he was old enough… Jon: You told him, didn't you? Lyle: He needed to know. Jon: The two of you just can't keep your noses out of things, can you? Liz: We must go after him. If Symus finds out who he is, he'll kill him. Jon: No, you will not go after him. You'll only draw attention to him and make things worse. Lyle: He's right. Symus won't know who he is but if we show up that might give him some hints. Jon: Exactly, and if you decide to undermine my authority again, I will strip you of your title and banish you from my lands. Your stupidity could get us all hanged for treason. Liz: Ummm… Jon: Don't start with me. I know he wouldn't have done this without you pressuring him, so if you don't like it you can join him in exile.
Slash: What do you mean you gave him the sword? Patch: I gave him his sword. Slash: How do you know it's his sword? Patch: I recognized him and he's the eighth son of the Corbinons. Slash: How can you be sure he's the heir? Patch: That's why I gave him the sword. If he wasn't the heir, the sword wouldn't have responded. Slash: That was very risky. Patch: So was involving Maria but without her help we would have been wiped out decades ago. Slash: And are we just ignoring how that ended? Patch: Admittedly, that was a mistake. I should have got her out before Symus figured out she was feeding us information. Believe me, no one feels her loss more than I do. Slash: I'm sure Lady Elizabeth might argue differently. Patch: They didn't become close until after Jamie was born. They were practically strangers when I met Maria. Slash: According to you. Patch: I was the one who contacted her. I was the one who convinced her to help us. And I was the one who smuggled her out of the capital and back in so Symus couldn't find out what she was doing. No one knew her better than I did. Slash: Not to downplay your skills but if he had suspected anything, he could have found out. Patch: Well, I was also the one who made sure he didn't suspect anything. Slash: Now that the sword has been exposed, he will suspect something. Patch: Yes, but we have a two-decade head start on him. He has had so many mistresses over the years and has no idea which one birthed the heir. Slash: What happens to the Corbinons when he figures it out? Patch: I haven't got that far yet.
Wednesday and Sunday are the two days I run or play games. *sadface* That said I'd definitely like to give 3.5 a try again.&nbsp; PST / GMT -8.&nbsp; Been playing since the game came in a box. Met Gary Gygax at Gencon back when it was small.&nbsp; I corresponded with Marc Miller on Traveller in the long years between MT and T4.&nbsp; I know most of the Flying Buffalo folks.&nbsp; Even had munchkin merch given to me personally with Steve Jackson. So a bit crusty here.&nbsp; Regarding the survey:&nbsp; Pretty much middle of the road, but I do prefer more story. Combat may be a solution, but I like encounters where it doesn't have to be the only solution (except for a dramatic boss fight, etc...).&nbsp; Story &amp; good RP &gt; what the dice roll says.&nbsp; Race/class combo: Reborn dragonborn whisper gnome dragonfire adept. Or a (race TBD) warlock. I can also play the standards (core wiz, core cleric, core druid) if that's the preference.&nbsp; I do like Psions, but not many DMs do. Even if they are solid tier 2.&nbsp; If the goal is to be martial-heavy...I would &nbsp;like to see the Book of Nine Swords.&nbsp; Big darn heroes are my preference.&nbsp; Not two guys with sticks beat each other up.&nbsp; To me, fantasy means magic.&nbsp; If I want SCA, I'll head to the park :) Or we could go straight 3.5 SRD.&nbsp;&nbsp; Following this thread in case my or this game's schedule changes.&nbsp;
It's funny you say that. I didn't even look at the date on it. When I first launched this game it was on Wednesdays but I changed it to Tuesdays a few months in because I had Thursday game and didn't want back to back games. Thanks for pointing that out. This is a Noob Game so it's very basic. You're free to join and get to know the group but you might want to reread the post and make sure it's really what you want to sign up for.
Jon: Sweet Calhoun, they gave him the sword. Liz: What sword? Jon: The king's sword. Liz: Who had the king's sword? Jon: Patch had it. Liz: How do you know patch had it. Jon: Because Slash said that Patch gave it to him. Liz: Let me read that… Oh dear. Jon: If he has the sword and he is the true heir, Symus will know he has it as soon as he touches it. Liz: He can't be the true heir… Jon: Without a legitimate child, which Symus does not have, Jamie could very well be the firstborn. As the only blood heir to the king, the sword will bond with him, which the grand duke will not be happy about. Liz: Why would the grand duke care? Jon: Because as the king's brother, legally he is the heir to the empire, should Symus meet an untimely end. If the grand duke has his eyes on the throne and Symus tells him about the sword being claimed, there's a good chance two of them will end up dead. Liz: Oh dear. Now we must go help him. Jon: We will only draw attention to the situation. Jamie isn't stupid enough to take on the crown single-handedly any more than he would take on the grand duke. He may lose the sword, but he won't stand and fight a hopeless battle. Liz: You hope. Jon: Well, the problem will be instantly resolved if he does but if the grand duke makes a play for the throne, it may come to civil war even without Jamie's role.
can i join?
Emperor Symus Inhyrst - Current ruler of Nibbenay King Taydale Inhyrst - Former ruler of Nibbenay Grand Duke Elred Inhyrst - Imperial advisor and heir to the empire. The Inhyrst Duchy encompasses the central portion of Nibbenay, including the capital city of Ogo. Lord Lucio Frobern - The Frobern Lordship lies at the far north end of the Inhyrst Duchy. The vast majority of its income is derived from the iron mine in the escarpment which forms the lordship's northern board. About two centuries ago, this mine was ceased by the Frobern family in a cunning act of deception and betrayal. Most of the dwarves who lived there were killed and only one member of the Odak clan survived. She was disowned when she married into a hill dwarf clan. Duke Tane Thearda - The Thearda Duchy encompasses the entire western reach of Nibbenay. Tane is always looking for brave frontiersmen to extend his holdings to the west. Duke Rewalt Horne - The Horne Duchy encompasses the entire eastern reach of Nibbenay. Count Thaddeus Sinclair - The Sinclair County encompasses the southern portion of the Horne Duchy. Viscount Narder Hunbert , male human paladin 11 - The Hunbert Viscounty encompasses the southern portion the Sinclair County. Baron Michael Waldorf, male human aristocrat 12 - The Waldorf Barony encompasses all the lands surrounding the village of Denz. Lady Cassandra, human aristocrat 1 Mr. Bartholomew male human expert 4 Miss Mylynda, female human expert 1 Baronet Wighelm Oslald , male human aristocrat 9 - The Wighelm Baronetcy encompasses all the lands east of the Village of Denz. Lord Jonathan Corbinon, male human fighter 8/cavalier 2 - The Corbinon Lordship encompasses the lands to the far east of the Village of Denz. Sir Lyle II, male human fighter 8 Sir Jonathan II, male human fighter 7 Sir Matthew, male human fighter 6 Sir Luke, male human fighter 5 Jackson, male human fighter 4 Henry, male human fighter 4 David, male human fighter 3 Lady Elizabeth, female human aristocrat 4 Sir James Samuel Corbinon, male slayer 7/wizard 1 - This Corbinon fief is in the borderlands and is the last section of claimed land between the Corbinon Lordship and the Crag (border of the goblinoid lands).
Stomas Byssi, male wizard 13 - Stomas is the owner and operator of Curious Things in Ogo. His shop is located at the base of his tower. He is a known Silver Sword sympathizer but has never been directly connected to any of their activities. This is partly due to his intimate knowledge of the legal system and his impeccable ability to cover his tracks. He has been the downfall of many zealous city guards attempting to reign in the activities of his collaborators. To date he has had 14 members indicted, 11 convicted, 6 imprisoned and one banished from the City of Ogo. &nbsp; “Patch” Cedric CG Human Male Fighter 12 (wanted for 9 capital offenses ), is a seasoned member although since he lost his eye, over a decade ago, he hasn't been very active. He knew Maria Screven before she was killed by the emperor. He didn't witness the murder but one of his contacts did but was forced to testify that she fell. Patch was shot in the eye by hobgoblins in a raid on a caravan he was guarding. It was only by the grace of Tymora he was not killed by the shot. &nbsp; Raven Human CG Female Rogue 5 (suspected collaborator in terrorist plots) is Patch's daughter. She runs The Silver Sword Fencing Club ever since her father went deep underground. She has little involvement in the organization's activities and Patch likes it that way. She has recently been forced to sell the fencing club after rumours of the "the heir" claiming The Blood Sword of Nibbenay caused a crackdown on their activities and forced the Silver Swords to flee Ogo.
Yo man, I read the story and it seems really interesting. I've never played D&amp;D before, so this campaign is perfect for me. Regarding the survey|| frequency: adventurer, style: adventure, story significance: any, story type: any, loot: extravagant because it feels like real life (i.e. people thinking they can do something that might pay very well, but only the actual good workers succeed), pace: adventurer, advancement: adventurer, tone easy going or entertainment (I'm probably gonna be making jokes), meta: entertainment, 5 Detailed maps and dungeons (lavishly decorated versus walls and squares) 1 Interesting stories and plots (meaningful hooks and stories versus monsters let's go kill them) 2 Detailed and interesting NPCs (fleshed out and interactive versus the guy who buys our loot) 6 Fleshed out locations (Inns, towns, counties maps versus descriptions or theater of the mind) 3 Unique or custom monsters (never the same thing versus cookie cutter MM versions) 4 Customized treasure (unique items, detailed loot, instead of cash value) 7 Detailed magic Items (history, description, unique abilities versus stats and page number in DMG) I want to learn, and I hope you are willing to teach (if you can). I'm on the east coast, so scheduling may be interesting to say the least. But the story sounds fun and I'm willing to play.