Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

RWBY Tabletop RPG Macro Driving Me Nuts

New to using macros, trying to get this to work right, spent roughly 4 hours and I got pretty far working up from nothing but the Roll Templates on the wiki. I got pretty close, but I just can't figure out what's wrong at this point. Can anyone help fix this? I've placed bold text where I know the problem is roughly located. Current state of the code in question: &{template:default} {{name=Attack Name}} {{Attack=[[?{Attack Type?|Standard, ?{Number of d10s}}d10+8+?{Modifier}|0}| With Advantage, ?{Number of d10s}}d10kh1+1d10+8+?{Modifier}|0} }} |With Disadvantage, ?{Number of d10s}}d10kl1+1d10+8+?{Modifier}|0}  ]] }} {{Loaded Dust= ?{Choose Dust|Orange, Stun Rounds|Green, Horizon Rounds|Yellow, AP Rounds|None, Standard Rounds}}} {{note= ?{Choose |Orange, Sample Taunt Text|Green, Sample Taunt Text|Yellow, Sample Taunt Text|None, Sample Taunt Text}}}
1547459722
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You are right, and running into the html replacement issue for nested queries . This works but I don't know the system so more work might be needed to get advantage and disadvantage to do what you want... as it stands a standard roll with more than 2 d10s gets statistically better results than either dis/advantage?!: &{template:default} {{name=Attack Name}} {{attack=[[?{Attack Type?|Standard,?{Number of d10s}d10+8+?{Modifier|0}|With Advantage,?{Number of d10s}d10kh1+1d10+8+?{Modifier|0}|With Disadvantage,?{Number of d10s}d10kl1+1d10+8+?{Modifier|0}}]] }} {{loaded dust= ?{Choose Dust|Orange, Stun Rounds|Green, Horizon Rounds|Yellow, AP Rounds|None, Standard Rounds}}} {{note= ?{Choose |Orange, Sample Taunt Text|Green, Sample Taunt Text|Yellow, Sample Taunt Text|None, Sample Taunt Text}}}
Much obliged for the quick response and the fix. Took me a few moments comparing the two to understand, but I think I get it now. 
1547495842
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No problem at all, if you need it refining further just elaborate on the rules and use cases and I, or one of the many users like me, will be happy to help and explain any of the nuances that give you trouble :)