Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Universal Sheet Workers

Edited 1547950113
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just added a new page to the wiki, on how to reuse the same sheet worker for related actions. For instance, when you want to calculate a bonus for each of 6 stats, why write six separate sheet workers, when you can write just one to do the job of all six? You can find it here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/UniversalSheetWorkers" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/UniversalSheetWorkers</a> Examples for some D&amp;D, Traveller, and Runequest style systems are included. And the principles should be adaptable for many purposes.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Nice! I'm glad there are a lot I can read before I make my next try on doing more sheetwokers. I did some interlinking between the existing sheetworker pages so this can be found easier. Also added a "See Also" section to your page, and created a "Sheetworker" article category to track these properly.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks! I dont know enough about the structure of the wiki to do that, and wasn't sure about messing with the 'official' pages.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I mean it really doesn't have much of a structure beyond the core pages, I've just been doing minor improments and adding links between relevant pages, bc otherwise some pages like this wouldn't been found than by stumbling on this thread, which kinda defeats the point of a wiki in general.
This was very timely and I was able to consolidate some very routine skill totals into a single function. Thanks for that.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're welcome :) It's great to hear the article is being useful.