Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Paizo] Alien Archive Official Bug Thread

Edited 1557334550
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing the  Starfinder Alien Archive !  Alien Archive allows you to quickly view and import over 100 creatures with associated token art, one-click actions, integrated feats and spells, and more. We've also bundled along all of the token art separately (for use in-app only) so you can use them in your games however you'd like! As some of you may be new to Roll20, I will start with an FAQ! Alien Archive FAQ Which Character Sheet should I use with this product? All official Starfinder content on Roll20 is created to support the  Starfinder by Roll20  official character sheet. That said, we provide all technical information to community sheet developers for them to be able to support official content. However, we can not guarantee full intended functionality on anything other than the  Starfinder by Roll20  character sheet. How do I access my content on the site? On Roll20.net, mouseover Tools and then Compendium. Clicking "Starfinder" will get you to the front page where you can browse and search all compendium entries, from monsters to rules. How do I access my content in a game? In a game using a Starfinder character sheet, simply go to the Compendium Tab (i) of the sidebar, where you can view and search all compendium entries, from monsters to rules. You can click on an entry to see the details, or pull monsters and rules into your game by dragging them to the game board. Quick link to the Starfinder Compendium See more about  accessing Compendiums  in the Roll20 Wiki. I'm having a problem with using the Starfinder Character Sheet! Please bring sheet-specific feedback to the Official Starfinder Character Sheet Bug & Feedback Thread .  This monster is incorrect or missing information! Please let us know in this thread. I have other feedback about the Alien Archive Please let us know in this thread. This is our first Starfinder release on Roll20 and we want to make your Starfinder experience a great one. Here is our current Known Issues and Future Development list to help keep you informed on where we are heading next with Starfinder support.  Known Issues: Spaceships (such as the Novaspawn) do not drag onto sheets.  Future Development List: Grafts will be able to be used in NPC building Races integrated into Starfinder character sheets Starship drag and drop and starship building Equipment list in a more searchable format (Similar to Pathfinder)
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Looking forward to what everyone thinks of Alien Archive!
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
So...this isnt really a full compendium?  This is just the material from Alien Archive?  I thought packs like this were to supplement the basic compendium.  But a far as I can tell, there are no basic compendium entries for things like core races, equipment, or spells.   Hence why I am confused.  Whats going on here?  Am I just missing something? Help me out folks. AtD
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Ahpook - Currently the Starfinder Compendium contains Alien Archive. Core races, equipment, and spells are part of the Starfinder Core Rulebook, which we do not sell at this time, but are getting the architecture in place for. Please let me know if you have any more questions! :)
Since you mentioned other feedback here, I'll give mine: I miss the old search and importer. I guess this is the reason they're gone. Just comparing D&D MM table of contents to AA toc, MM has 149 entries (not including NPCs or misc creatures), and AA has 60. I guess I've long thought AA was a bit of a low effort book, with so many templates/grafts instead of fully fleshed out creatures (a summoned angel has -3 int bonus, since they didn't bother to change its stats from elemental, lol). Anyways, $40 seems a bit steep, given the limited creature entries (60 + some advanced versions of creatures?), and that the pdf is $10. I may end up getting it, but maybe I'll hold off for a more comparable pricing ($50 for MM, which has at least twice as many creatures, perhaps three times as many?). I wonder, do creatures with spells or spell-like abilities have them available as one-click (with all details pasting, not just the spell name)?
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
Thanks for the quick answers!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Bast - We've got some cool stuff coming to add to the Alien Archive integration that I think folks will really enjoy, but as this book is as feature complete as other creature compendium books, I didn't want to sit on it any longer ;) Spell integration will come with the next big Starfinder feature update, thank you for asking! I'll get that on the Future Development list in the first post. 
I will give it a whirl friday when I pick it up.   I am hoping that the core stuff makes it into the compendium as aliens only kinda defeats the purpose of the compendium. will owning the aliens give us insight into creating our own custom aliens. I have created all my Aliens for the first 2 dead suns campaigns and using / setting up abilities is/was a pain in the ass and a lot of things do not work. Will we be able to look at and learn from the alien archive in how to set stuff up?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Michael, the dropped monsters use all the same features you'd use to make them manually, so yes you'll be able to look at how we've set things up for ideas to use for your own creatures. If you've got some specific questions on things that aren't working for you, drop by the sheet's thread and I'll be glad to help.

Edited 1544656154
Just to be clear, current character sheet creatures can't use their spells & abilities with a click?  (w/ respect to Bast's question) This sounds in contradiction to "100 creatures with associated token art, one-click actions, integrated feats and spells".   Are there plans to add this functionality later, if so I'd be interested. Without it, there's not much of a draw. Are there summoned creatures already filled out, vs manually applying templates (which feels not great)?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Mark - Currently the creatures have their spells added as a list. This functionality will be updated at a later date, as we do not have spell data in the Compendium yet. However, All actions and attacks roll with one click. Any creatures that are listed in the Alien Archive have all their stats, for example, elementals/skittermanders/mountain eels/etc. As far as the Grafts section that can be applied when summoning, the amount of combinations is enormous, so this is also part of the architecture currently in development.  Just to clarify what I said above, since this release of Alien Archive matches the current functionality of Roll20's other monster-based compendiums on the Marketplace, I didn't want to hold it back from y'all until we had every bell and whistle complete. It works great for drag-and-drop standard monsters to quickly create encounters, saving time from having to enter in all the stats manually and having custom tokens already uploaded without adding to your storage limits.  I'm always happy to talk about what I'm able to for the products my team works on, thanks to everyone asking for clarification! We want to make sure you all are happy with your purchases and know what you're getting :)
Ok Just purchased this today. Maybe I am missing something but no matter what npc I drag in, almost none of the spell-like abilities seem set up. For example ... I put the void hag into my game... She has 5 spell like abilities Cosmic eddy Enervation Irradiate Psychokinetic Radiation Inflict pain They are listed in spell like abilities (But they do nothing) theres no description for them, no damage set up, no saves set up... Just the name Click on Cosmic Eddy and Enervation display nothing at all. Just an empty window. Irradiate and Psychokinetic strangulation Just display a Save with the DC Number But no info on what it is you are casting what type of damage it may do ect. Inflict pain Seems set up to cast and do damage But it is missing the description of what you are actually casting as well as the save partial damage ect. Inflict Pain Level:  Mystic 2 School:  enchantment (  pain  ,  mind-affecting  ) Casting Time:  1 standard action Range:  close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels) Duration:  1 round/level Saving Throw:  Will partial, see text Spell Resistance:  yes Description You telepathically rack the target’s mind and body with agonizing pain that imposes a –2 penalty to ability checks, attack rolls, and skill checks. A target that succeeds at a Will saving throw reduces the duration to 1 round.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Michael - This is an example of what's listed in the Future Development list above - " 1 click spell actions for Drag and Drop NPC's (Similar to Pathfinder Bestiary creatures)". Thank you for the report!
This is great news and I am happy that you are starting to add in Starfinder content. However, I personally prefer to spend money for finished, working products, and this doesn't cut it yet, in my opinion. I will be happy to buy it if you either lower the price to its current value, or when you will have implemented all of its advertised functionalities.
I saw the 1 click spell actions listed in there but I did not realize it applied to abilities. Maybe I just misunderstood what one click actions pertained to. Don't get me wrong I love the pack and I bought the pack to support anything starfinder related.  Just seemed like a bug.  Just seemed like the Alien pack is missing the part that makes alot of it work, that being the core rules/infrastructure that supports the actual alien archive. This is my first Roll20 product and first time using Roll20 So "Silimar to pathfinder bestiary" was gibberish to me. Thats why I asked here.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
LotsOfLore - We'll be sure to launch a release note once the book has expanded functionality! See you then :) Michael - No problem at all! Apologies if that came off as less than informative. Starfinder is the first all-new IP that we've released in quite some time, so you are helping us learn as well!

Edited 1545346797
LotsOfLore
Translator
Trivia said: LotsOfLore - We'll be sure to launch a release note once the book has expanded functionality! See you then :) Michael - No problem at all! Apologies if that came off as less than informative. Starfinder is the first all-new IP that we've released in quite some time, so you are helping us learn as well! Thanks. Well, knowing that you are working towards that end is very good news and, besides, I won't be able to hold off buying it for too long anyway hehe Also looking forward to the core rule book!
How do I get a Refund for this product? I just purchased this and it is NOT what it is advise at all! I've purchased Tomb of Annihilation in the past and other compendium with Npc ready to drag and usable, but I can't drag any NPC from the ALIEN Archives on page ready for battle! Is this juste a reprint of the book that I already have (Physical and PDF)?
One thought Eric, though sorry if this is obvious, in Tomb of Annihilation, the NPCs are in the journal, I believe, whereas, with a compendium addition, they would be in the compendium section: So, (and I don't have this product to test, though I have other compendiums for other systems), you would click on that 'i', and then type the name, or click on a section, or some such. You should then be able to drag out the alien, which would also create a journal entry for it.
Eric said: How do I get a Refund for this product? I just purchased this and it is NOT what it is advise at all! I've purchased Tomb of Annihilation in the past and other compendium with Npc ready to drag and usable, but I can't drag any NPC from the ALIEN Archives on page ready for battle! Is this juste a reprint of the book that I already have (Physical and PDF)? As Bast L. has noted and as written in their release notes here: "How do I access my content in a game? In a game using a Starfinder character sheet, simply go to the Compendium Tab (i) of the sidebar, where you can view and search all compendium entries, from monsters to rules. You can click on an entry to see the details, or pull monsters and rules into your game by dragging them to the game board." I can't check myself as I haven't yet bought this one, but I am confident that functionality should already be there and working, Eric.
I Know how to Drag monsters from the Compendium Tab. But it create only  an entry with bio info (for some monsters) and absoltely no stats at all ready for the game. I must put it manually (and I don't want to since I bought the Alien Archive to have it  READY)! I would like to have advice from people that have bough the product or from Roll20 please!  Thanks all!

Edited 1548089943
Eric said: ... it create only  an entry with bio info (for some monsters) and absoltely no stats at all ready for the game. I must put it manually! I would like to have advice from people that have bough the product or from Roll20 please!  Thanks all! Eric, I have the Alien Archive through Roll 20 purchased.  (and a digital pdf as well through Paizo).  When I drag an NPC/Monster from the compendium, to the digital map, it pops up a window with the new Journal entry.  It pops up first on my screen on the Bio/Info tab, and when I click over to the character sheet tab, the relevant information is filled out already for me.  Skills, attack bonus/dmg, saves, are all filled out, and post to chat accordingly when I click on them.  Sometimes the special abilities are very basic, and don't have a whole lot of intricate pre-figured detail in the chatpost, but the basic info is in the description.  Also, it puts an appropriately sized token on the tabletop for me, and puts the character sheet into my Journals section.  Sorry I can't be of more help, Eric, all I can say is that it does work for me.  I would ask about your browser, as sometimes there are issues with ones other than Google Chrome.  On the flip side of that, it was in Firefox that I successfully tested this just now. It has also worked for me before from chrome on a different computer.  Edit:  I had a troubleshooting thought:  Is the game you are doing this in using the Starfinder by Roll20 character sheet? (author Scott Casey)  If you are using a different one that would be a likely culprit. 
Hi Luke,  I'm glad the product works for you exactly as I would like it to do it for us. We have had no problem in the past with other compendiums. I use google chrome (I tested with firefox and edge too) and the official sheet Starfinder roll20. When I drag an NPC/Monster from the compendium to the digital map, it pops up a windows with the new journal entry. But, I only get one image and sometimes the bio. When I click to the character sheet I must choose PC or NPC (Like when we creat a new Character) and no information is filled out already for me!!! It's very strange.
Eric said: How do I get a Refund for this product? I just purchased this and it is NOT what it is advise at all! I've purchased Tomb of Annihilation in the past and other compendium with Npc ready to drag and usable, but I can't drag any NPC from the ALIEN Archives on page ready for battle! Is this juste a reprint of the book that I already have (Physical and PDF)? Hello Eric. Any questions regarding billing or refunds can be directed in an email to <a href="mailto:Team@Roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@Roll20.net</a>&nbsp; However, if you haven't tried the suggestion provided by Luke H., check to see if it works using the Starfinder by Roll20 Character sheet. Hopefully this will help to remedy your issue. If that doesn't work, you can also find additional troubleshooting steps to try here:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> Let us know if we can be of further assistance!

Edited 1548092077
I just created a third game Starfinder game and it works now! Too bad because I will have to recreate everything for this part but it is really strange that it does not work on our main campaign!? When we played last year we were with the old Starfdinder sheet and we changed to Roll20 a few months ago. This may be the source of the problem, but in the end, it works finally and it is essential But, I still don't understand why it doesn't work on our main campaign (with roll20 character sheet, google, etc...)
It is odd that it doesn't work on the other campaign. However, we are happy&nbsp;to hear you were able to get it to work.&nbsp; If you need any further assistance, feel free to let us know!&nbsp;

Edited 1548097535
Eric said: I just created a third game Starfinder game and it works now! Too bad because I will have to recreate everything for this part but it is really strange that it does not work on our main campaign!? Eric, A few thoughts on saving you some work remaking stuff; As a Pro subscriber I can use the Copy Game tool to copy a whole game into a new instance.&nbsp; I use this to backup my game sometimes.&nbsp; I think (maybe?) that is available to Plus users as well.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; To look for/use that, go into the game page (where you can access the game settings and Discussion posts) and click on the dropdown for&nbsp; Settings, in the gray box with the gear on it.&nbsp; There should be a Copy Game option that will then give you some choices on what all you want to copy.&nbsp; Can't guarantee it won't also transfer your problem, but I think it would be worth a try. &nbsp;&nbsp; Caution, make sure to transfer player access and macros for a full copy.&nbsp; Also, you may have to send the invite link out to your players for the new game, and make sure they know which one to join next time you play. &nbsp; Another option is the Transmogrifier which is a Pro only level perk.&nbsp; It is accessible for Pro users in game from the bottom of the gear/settings tab where the chat window is.&nbsp; The Transmogrifier lets you transfer almost any assets (except macros) from one game to another, including music, handouts, characters, maps, etc.&nbsp; I use it in a game I host where we have multiple GMs.&nbsp; Each GM can build their adventure in a private game and then transfer them to the main game when the time comes.&nbsp; It took me a while to discover this tool, but I use it a lot now. &nbsp;&nbsp; Edit:&nbsp; I suppose if neither of these is available at Plus, you could go up to Pro for 1 month, to make the transfer.&nbsp; It might be worth that extra $5, depending on how much work it saves you.&nbsp; NOTE:&nbsp; I am not trying to be a corporate shill, but I do think the perks are worth the price.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Just popping in to thank you all for your helpful suggestions here! Eric - I'm sorry that the compendium was not working on your original games. Updating the sheet should &nbsp;have made them work. I haven't heard of this being an issue for others but I will make sure someone knows it's happened now.&nbsp; Happy gaming!

Edited 1548185186
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Eric said: Hi Luke,&nbsp; I'm glad the product works for you exactly as I would like it to do it for us. We have had no problem in the past with other compendiums. I use google chrome (I tested with firefox and edge too) and the official sheet Starfinder roll20. When I drag an NPC/Monster from the compendium to the digital map, it pops up a windows with the new journal entry. But, I only get one image and sometimes the bio. When I click to the character sheet I must choose PC or NPC (Like when we creat a new Character) and no information is filled out already for me!!! It's very strange. Hi Eric, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Trivia pointed your bug report out to me and I'd like to get a little more information on what's going on if you still have the original game that AA was not working in. Could you answer these questions: Had you changed sheets in the campaign recently? Such as switching from the simple sheet or the old HUD to the official sheet? And which sheet if so. How long have you given the drop to process? Sometimes a drop will take a few seconds depending on several things including (but I'm sure not limited to) network connections, complexity of the monster, and size of the game. Could you attempt the monster drop in the game that is having issues and grab the complete console log once you have attempted the drop? For directions on how to access the console log, see the wiki . Thanks for your help and see you out in the drift, Scott

Edited 1553528886
LotsOfLore
Translator
Michael B. said: Ok Just purchased this today. Maybe I am missing something but no matter what npc I drag in, almost none of the spell-like abilities seem set up. For example ... I put the void hag into my game... She has 5 spell like abilities Cosmic eddy Enervation Irradiate Psychokinetic Radiation Inflict pain They are listed in spell like abilities (But they do nothing) theres no description for them, no damage set up, no saves set up... Just the name Click on Cosmic Eddy and Enervation display nothing at all. Just an empty window. Irradiate and Psychokinetic strangulation Just display a Save with the DC Number But no info on what it is you are casting what type of damage it may do ect. Inflict pain Seems set up to cast and do damage But it is missing the description of what you are actually casting as well as the save partial damage ect. Inflict Pain Level: &nbsp;Mystic 2 School: &nbsp;enchantment (&nbsp; pain &nbsp;,&nbsp; mind-affecting &nbsp;) Casting Time: &nbsp;1 standard action Range: &nbsp;close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels) Duration: &nbsp;1 round/level Saving Throw: &nbsp;Will partial, see text Spell Resistance: &nbsp;yes Description You telepathically rack the target’s mind and body with agonizing pain that imposes a –2 penalty to ability checks, attack rolls, and skill checks. A target that succeeds at a Will saving throw reduces the duration to 1 round. Hi, I just wanted to update my feedback on the Alien Archive. I have bought it and used it quite a bit now and I have to say I am satisfied with it. Pros: It's functional enough, the token art is very good. The Summon Creature spell is functional. As for every compendium expansion, it saves you a lot of time and it makes GMing so much easier and fun. Cons: it's still not polished enough. The example of the Void Hag that I quoted from Michel B. is still bugged (meaning the spells are still empty text boxes and do not work. The Reptoid Master is in more or less the same conditions, the spells are missing all description; the Kalo Deepspeaker as well and he's also missing the description of "Grasping Vines" which is a Xenodruid ability (but the original description of this is missing from the Alien Archive as well because it's in the CRB...). It appears this only affects spellcasters (and maybe some items) probably because the spells part of the compendium is still not implemented for this game (with the exception of Summon Creature), therefore it would make sense that spell descriptions would be missing. In conclusion, the product is functional and I am definitely having fun using it and happy to have bought it. However, I wish the implementation of the compendium could be sped up, or for the missing elements of this product to be manually filled up soon.&nbsp; Thank you!
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi LotsOfLore! The 1-click actions being added is part of our Future Development list on the first post of this thread. It is currently in development and we look forward to having that available early in Q2! Glad you're enjoying Alien Archive and I hope the update will make it that much more fun to use :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Alien Archive now populates spells and spell like abilities! We hope you enjoy this new functionality!

Edited 1557844447
LotsOfLore
Translator
Trivia said: Alien Archive now populates spells and spell like abilities! We hope you enjoy this new functionality! Music to my ears! I have given it a quick look and I see that lots of spells previously not populated are indeed working now. However, I can still see a couple that are missing description and effects, for example Mind Thrust for this Kalo Deepspeaker (see image, it should roll damage, and at least a basic description should show up). Hopefully you'll be able to fix those few soon. Thank you! &gt;&gt; Using Chrome, the Core Rulebook content is loaded and working, drag and dropped the Kalo Deepspeaker from the Alien Archive, opened the monster and clicked on Mind Thrust. &lt;&lt;

Edited 1557851949
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi LotsOfLore, Glad you're excited for the increased functionality, and I'm sorry it's not working as intended. I'm investigating the cause right now. UPDATE: We've found the issues that were causing this and are working to get an update out that will fix the problem. UPDATE2: We'll be pushing the fix for this issue out with the next sheet code update.
Scott C. said: Hi LotsOfLore, Glad you're excited for the increased functionality, and I'm sorry it's not working as intended. I'm investigating the cause right now. UPDATE: We've found the issues that were causing this and are working to get an update out that will fix the problem. UPDATE2: We'll be pushing the fix for this issue out with the next sheet code update. Brilliant! Thanks so much!
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
Another major bug we have detected in our group.&nbsp; My GM runs Chrome on a mac.&nbsp; For some reason, NONE of the Alien Archive creatures have sheets that are filled out.&nbsp; They are totally blank.&nbsp; I just bought him this stuff as a gift but some reason, this one aspect of it isnt working.&nbsp; Cany anyone help us out? Thanks! Ahpook
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hmm, I'm sorry to hear that Ahpook as that is certainly not how that is supposed to work. Can you do a few troubleshooting steps for me? Can you make sure your gm isn't using the "auto pop out journal entries" feature? Drag and drop does not work with popped out sheets. If the above does not fix the issue, could you link me to a complete console log from loading into a game through to an attempt to drag and drop an NPC?
I have no idea if it could be an issue, but it would probably be a good idea for the campaign to have Compendium Sharing turned on in the Settings page of the campaign&nbsp;
Hey all, not a bug report but wasn't sure where else to put this. I'm curious about this line in the description: " New alien technology to help give your character an edge, including weapons, armor, magic items, and more – all of which you can drop directly onto your character sheet for auto population." The official book is just creature entries, so I have no idea what this is. I have the core rules module, does it expand on what's available in that? Or is it stuff that's already included?
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi AnBee - There are several pieces of equipment such as Aura Goggles, Dragonglaives, and Acid Lancers (to name a few) that are outlined in this book and included in the compendium with drag-and-drop integration. The majority of the book is creature statistics, but there is more than just monsters! Let me know if you have any other questions :)
Thanks so much for the reply Trivia, completely clears it up. Sorry again to go a little off-topic :)
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
No worries! Happy to help :D