Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Marquee Selected Tokens Not Showing When Moving

Edited 1549004819
Normally, I have been able to marquee select a group of tokens, and then while moving them to another location on the map, have been able to see them in the marquee box. This is no longer the case. When a group of tokens are selected and moved, only a blank marquee box is visable. When released during movement, the tokens still move, but it is extremely hard to gauge where things are moving to. This is very inconvenient, especially when moving things on larger maps, which I do quite frequently during my game. I am running on Firefox version 65.0 (64-bit), with no add-ons. I've tried clearing my cache, and reloading the game room several times.
Hi Marek, Can you see if your having this same issue with Chrome? When trying in Chrome, please be sure to also follow these steps from out   our guide to   Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please have your player thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1549045130
I don't have Chrome, nor do I wish to use it. I have tried all of the steps using Firefox, without success. As I have already stated that I've done what you mentioned, can I please get a reply that isn't a copy/paste answer? Something like, "It's a known issue and we are working on it." or "We haven't heard of this before, but we'll look into it." It's pretty discouraging seeing all these generic, copy/paste answers on the forums all the time.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just to clarify: When a developer or moderator posts the troubleshooting steps, the request to try both browsers is not an attempt to get you to switch. It's a way of narrowing down the problem. Roll20 supports 2 browsers, and does not advocate one over the other. Also, that   Step 4  is one that many people forget, but probably the most important one, giving the dev's technical information they need to see what is actually going on. Part of solving a problem—even if it is an already reported problem—is gathering data, particularly from users who are experiencing that problem "in the wild". Often times going through the troubleshooting steps will solve a problem, but ultimately, if the issue is a true bug, your help in providing them data can be a tremendous help in in squashing it.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Marek.  Thanks for the bug report, and sorry for the frustration you're having with troubleshooting this issue. This is a known issue that was caused when we rewrote all of the Advanced Fog of War and related components on the tabletop. This and related issues (like token bars, auras, dynamic lighting issues, etc.) are being tracked over in the official thread for this update. You can follow the thread here . As we put out patches for these issues, I update the top post on that thread and also post a comment to let folks know there's been a fix.

Edited 1549075451
@ keithcurtis , I'm well aware why the Chrome part of the answer was said to me. It doesn't help me at all if I only run Firefox, and do not intend to run Chrome ever; thus my response. My main issue with the mod response, was the lack of actual communication and information, and just getting a standard copy/paste response. @ Stephanie B. Thanks, for a proper reply!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No offense was intended, Marek, I hope none was taken. My reason for posting that was to make clear that the information gleaned from trying both browsers helps the devs and others to solve the problem, not that switching browsers was a solution. Obviously you should be able to use the supported browser of your choice.
I never said I was offended? I have no idea how you think that from my statements. Anyways, the situation is dealt with.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Glad to hear it. Tone is sometimes hard to communicate in the written word.
If it helps, I have seen this issue in Chrome.
Or understand.
As this topic has been mentioned as being a known issue in our larger feedback collection thread ( for posterity sake will re-link here ) I am going to go ahead and close this thread. If anyone has further information to provide regarding this bug please feel free to share it in the aforementioned thread, Thanks!