Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

So I want my tokens to slash when I tell them, and possibly make a sound...

Hello!  I may be asking an ignorant question, but it I couldn't find the answer so here it goes. The new feature to add a .gif file and have it run on the map is really cool, but outside of having a continually bubbling pit of magma (or equivalent) it seems fairly limited. I know that you can add tokens the initiative tracker in a macro, so is there some way to do the same for pause/play of a .gif animated token? Example: The players are up against an owlbear, and I have a macro looks like this:     " Owlbear Slash"      /me slashes viciously at you!     /roll 1d20+9     /gr 1d8+4 I want to be able to link that macro to the owlbear token so that when I call Owlbear Slash  the token actually swipes it's claw on the token.     " Owlbear Slash"      /me slashes viciously at you!     /linkToken " owlbear "     /animationPlay     /roll 1d20+9     /gr 1d8+4   In short, is there an existing feature that works like this? The owlbear thing is just an example, it could be used for the PCs, Traps, Scenery, etc. It might be nice to be able to have things play a sound and change layers in a similar way. Thanks!
1549211949
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is not currently possible. But, based on the dev response to this suggestion thread I'd expect it to require the API when it is possible.
If your GM is a Pro subscriber, token mod, and a jukebox could switch tokens, and make a sound then /fx splash-blood could add a gory detail. You upload various tokens with poses into a rollable table, select them with token mod. This would be a bit of an effort and I doubt that most GMs would want to do this if they were not using the API for other things. The API can do amazing things and is well worth the investment.