Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

What About My Audio? Fanburst is shutting down.

Cavni
Forum Champion
This morning,  Fanburst announced that they would be shutting down on February 25.  Many Roll20 users rely on Fanburst to provide audio for their games, and we want to keep you informed about our plans to address this sudden change. At the start of January,  we announced the Bring Your Own Beat update  would give users the ability to upload their own music (“My Audio”) directly to Roll20. In light of today's news, we have pushed My Audio to the top of our development queue as a standalone feature, but delayed the Jukebox interface changes slightly. My Audio has already been tested on the Development Server and will be ready for all users to  upload your own music next week. Meanwhile,  Incompetech, BattleBards, and Tabletop Audio will remain available on the Roll20 Jukebox . We'll continue to provide Fanburst access until the site shuts down on February 25, and we are actively seeking any possible solutions that could make this transition easier for regular Fanburst users. We understand that sound plays an important role in your games and we’ll make sure that you’re able to continue playing with all the tavern music, alien shrieks, and NPC mutters that your heart (and game) desires. Look for the release of My Audio next week to keep your story singing!
We're seeing lots of questions about storage space for audio, and while we don't have a complete answer yet, this is one of the reasons we have been testing music / audio tracks over the past several weeks on the Development Server. We'll be using data from Dev Server testing as well as Live quota usages to try and determine what storage changes may be necessary in the immediate future.  We don't to end up with too little storage space to effectively have a fun experience OR have a scenario where the price model of how we do storage is not sustainable. Expect more news on this in the coming weeks, as we take time to work through the data collected thus far. Thanks.