Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tactical Maps Reincarnated Question

Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I usually avoid bundles on the Marketplace because it doesn't break down the contents like usual token or map packs where you see each item but with watermarks. The recent Tactical Maps Reincarnated have piqued my interest though. In the small screenshots you see of the various maps there are gridlines clearly visible. I typically do not like gridlines on base maps because Roll20 has the ability to show gridlines if I want them. Can anyone tell me if the maps in this bundle have gridlines on the files themselves or if that screenshot was taken inside Roll20 with their gridlines? $25 is a little too much of a gamble for me to try and find out.

Edited 1549696019
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believe these have the grid as part of the image. These are digitized copies of the original print product from Wizards of the Coast, which had the grid pre-printed or as integral part of the design (i.e. floor tiles).
My question on this product is, do they use the 0.5 unit grid size?

Edited 1549724282
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
From what I seen on the maps, no they do not. They appear to gridded at 1x1 grid size but you can always set your Roll20 grid up at that .5 grid size. I have a blank game with them set up to be viewed and tinkered with.
Just a confirmation: these maps are different from the Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated sets (dungeon, wilderness, city), right? I'm intrigued by the maps, but don't want to wind up buying something I already have.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Jay. If you want to take a look at them, drop me a pm and I can invite you into a blank game with them added then upgrade you to co-GM to take a look at them.

Edited 1549909663
Dean
Roll20 Team
Jay R. said: Just a confirmation: these maps are different from the Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated sets (dungeon, wilderness, city), right? I'm intrigued by the maps, but don't want to wind up buying something I already have. Yes, they are completely different :) You can get the best preview of them by looking at all of the asset thumbnails in the Art Pack product:&nbsp;<a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3163/tactical-maps-reincarnated-map-asset-pack" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3163/tactical-maps-reincarnated-map-asset-pack</a> Sean R. said: In the small screenshots you see of the various maps there are gridlines clearly visible. I typically do not like gridlines on base maps because Roll20 has the ability to show gridlines if I want them. Can anyone tell me if the maps in this bundle have gridlines on the files themselves or if that screenshot was taken inside Roll20 with their gridlines? $25 is a little too much of a gamble for me to try and find out. These products are printed with gridlines, yes. They're thin and not in your face, but they're definitely visible. Hope that helps!