Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

adding to first result in a dice roll

is there a way to to roll 2d6 or 4d6 or something while adding a number to the first result?
Can you clarify - do you mean how to make multiple rolls at once and display separate results? (i.e. 1d6 + 3, then 1d6, with results displayed separately?)
2d6...say i get a 3 and a 4 if i add 3 to fist roll thats a 6 and a 4 now can i do that all in one roll?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is it always the same setup or are there further variables? [[ [[ 1d6+?{mod} ]] + 3d6 ]] Would give you a total of them all with only the first die receiving a bonus... you could replace the second number of d6s with another query to have that be variable too? [[ [[ 1d6+?{mod} ]] + ?{other d6s to roll}d6 ]]
well it wont always be d6es
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To truly offer advice it would be handy if you could outline the general mechanics you are trying to replicate... but you could use more queries to change the die used etc, it all depends on how far you want to take it ;)
so - like - what is the difference between 1d6+3 + 1d6 and 2d6+3 in this system ?  Are you expecting to see 2 numbers as your outcome, or just one total?
two