Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

black screen for players

players see black they have lighting set to 30 fee then 20 dim  dynamic lighting is on  fog of war is off.  and saved i clicked the give sight button but when i move them to new maps using the ribbon they are seeing only black.  Waaaaa!!!
Hello ed h., This may be an issue resulting from our most recent update. You can find the Animations and AFoW Offical Feedback Thread  here . To understand this issue more, we ask that  you and your players please carefully work through these steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, we also ask that you and your players thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) If it seems that it is related to the recent update, we will move your information there and close this thread to consolidate all of the current issues. Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi ed h. This is almost certainly do to an error in the order of steps in setting up the tokens. If they have sight on one map, and when you drag them into a new map they have no sight, that means that the default tokens have no sight. The likely reason is that you assigned the default token and then altered the sight. You need to do it the other way around so that the default token gets saved with those sight changes already made. There is a step-by-step guid here in the wiki , or if you prefer video, I discuss it here .