Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Simple Math for Abilities?

Hello everyone, First of all, I'd like to say this is an awesome tool (first post on here). It's made my dream of an excellent online D&D experience come true. :) My group is trying to set up abilities on each of their characters now. What I've come to a bit of a halt with is with flat damage abilities, like Magic Missile. The ability always does 2 + int modifier damage, so I figured it would be pretty easy to set up 2 + @INT... but I can't find anyway to make roll20 add these values! /roll results in an error, presumably for lack of dice, and d0 always result in a 1 instead of 0. I suppose I could make it d0 + 1 + @INT, but I was thinking that there must be a way to add simple values together. I checked the documentation and could not find anything, does anyone have the answer to this?
Currently the roll expressions require a roll. I'll talk with the devs and see if they have any thoughts about changing this.
Since it requires a roll, couldn't you /roll 1d1 +@INT - 1 ?
Eric D. said: Currently the roll expressions require a roll. I'll talk with the devs and see if they have any thoughts about changing this. Awesome, thanks! For now I will just use a d1 and a constant, but support for this in the future would be great.
Note that I think 0d1 is valid and will just result in a 0 instead of a 1 that you then have to take off.