Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do I determine the value my group initiative API?

Hi, I just recently starting delving into the wonderful world of API scripts and I came across the script for rolling group initiative. This script is wonderful and saves a lot of time, however, I can't quite figure out what Bonus Stat Group from character sheets for my rolls to include bonuses/penalties. I am currently using the Pathfinder character sheet by Roll20. Thank you for anything you can do to assist!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This page in the wiki has a lot of group initiative setup configurations for popular sheets. I don't see one for Pathfinder by Roll20, and am not familiar enough with the sheet. But once someone does chime in to help (and it shouldn't be long) we can add that to the wiki.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This thread might be of some help?
Thank you keithcurtis! I will give those a try.
I have tried these pages and it still does not work. I have also tried the token_bar setting as well for my Bonus Stat Group and it is still not responding to anything I try. My current setting for Bonus Stat Group is: token bar(3|current) please help!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
My best guess is you need to delete a bunch of defunct groups, run this command until you have no groups returned in the list: !group-init --del-group 1 Then run this to set up the script for the Pathfinder Official sheet: !group-init --add-group --bare initiative --bare initiative_condition --bare rollmod_initiative --tie-breaker initiative
The Aaron said: My best guess is you need to delete a bunch of defunct groups, run this command until you have no groups returned in the list: !group-init --del-group 1 Then run this to set up the script for the Pathfinder Official sheet: !group-init --add-group --bare initiative --bare initiative_condition --bare rollmod_initiative --tie-breaker initiative I have tried all of these scripts and still no dice. I might switch to the community PF sheet and see if that makes a difference.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you want to pm me an invite and GM me, I can see if I can get it working. 
Neil C. said: The Aaron said: My best guess is you need to delete a bunch of defunct groups, run this command until you have no groups returned in the list: !group-init --del-group 1 Then run this to set up the script for the Pathfinder Official sheet: !group-init --add-group --bare initiative --bare initiative_condition --bare rollmod_initiative --tie-breaker initiative I have tried all of these scripts and still no dice. I might switch to the community PF sheet and see if that makes a difference. You might try this instead: !group-init --add-group --bare initiative --tie-Breaker initiative|current I tested in a test game and seems to work. It is the only group i use for init so it pulls from both the pc and npc sheet as expected.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, Mark! If this command is verified as correct, it should be added to the wiki page .
Mark (GM) said: Neil C. said: The Aaron said: My best guess is you need to delete a bunch of defunct groups, run this command until you have no groups returned in the list: !group-init --del-group 1 Then run this to set up the script for the Pathfinder Official sheet: !group-init --add-group --bare initiative --bare initiative_condition --bare rollmod_initiative --tie-breaker initiative I have tried all of these scripts and still no dice. I might switch to the community PF sheet and see if that makes a difference. You might try this instead: !group-init --add-group --bare initiative --tie-Breaker initiative|current I tested in a test game and seems to work. It is the only group i use for init so it pulls from both the pc and npc sheet as expected. Maybe I am missing something because I have tried all of the above solutions to this and I am still not able to pull a bonus from the character sheets I have. I have checked all of my characters init and they are all correct.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Aaron's seems to work on the Pathfinder Official, on the test I ran. Did you run  !group-init --del-group 1 multiple times to clear any existing groups? I wasn't able to get Mark's to work on PF Community, but I was able to get this to work: !group-init --add-group --bare init-ability-mod
This is what I am coming up with, after applying the above commands. I think I am just going to have ask my players manually for their init.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The Aaron said: If you want to pm me an invite and GM me, I can see if I can get it working. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Was that for PF Community or Roll20 PF? Here is my setup: The result of running !group-init on a selected token: For the PF Community Sheet:
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Looking more closely at the sheet (I don't use PF, so thank you for bearing with me) It should probably read from the value under "Total" rather than the Ability Mod. Use this: !group-init --del-group 1 multiple times, just in case Then this !group-init --add-group --bare init That gave me this: and this:
Nevermind I figured it out!!! Thank you for all of the help!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Great!