Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Campaign-Wide Map Default

There's nothing more frustrating as a Pathfinder GM than having to change each map's settings to Pathfinder in the map creation dropdown. I would like to suggest implementing a default map setting campaign wide.
Gold
Forum Champion
Johnnicus, the existing solution for this is Duplicate Page Settings. At the start of your campaign, make one Template map Page with the settings you like. When you are ready to create another map page, click the little icon on the Page Toolbar to duplicate your Template. Wiki Docs for this, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Toolbar#Duplicate_Pag" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Toolbar#Duplicate_Pag</a>... Note: Your suggestion is still valid if you feel the other approach is needed (ability to change the persistent default map page settings).
Gold, Thanks for the response and I'll be doing that in the future. However I think this would still be a great quality of life change for GM's to have that hopefully wouldn't take too long for the Dev team to whip up. So I'll keep the thread up.
I guess I don't create maps enough for this to be an issue for me. I setup a Master Map Template, and then just duplicate from there. Adjusting size and lighting as need be.&nbsp; I have to do the same thing, change it to 3.5/Pathfinder as well.&nbsp; Sorry man. Good idea, though!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It doesn't solve the problem for everyone, but in the interim if you have a Pro Subscription, you can use this script: on('ready',function(){ &nbsp; &nbsp; "use strict"; &nbsp; &nbsp; var masterPage = findObjs({type: 'page', name: 'MASTER'})[0]; &nbsp; &nbsp; if(masterPage) { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; on('add:page',function(p){ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; p.set({ &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; showgrid: masterPage.get('showgrid'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; showdarkness: masterPage.get('showdarkness'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; showlighting: masterPage.get('showlighting'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; lightupdatedrop: masterPage.get('lightupdatedrop'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; lightenforcelos: masterPage.get('lightenforcelos'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; lightrestrictmove: masterPage.get('lightrestrictmove'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; lightglobalillum: masterPage.get('lightglobalillum'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; width: masterPage.get('width'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; height: masterPage.get('height'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; snapping_increment: masterPage.get('snapping_increment'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; grid_opacity: masterPage.get('grid_opacity'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; fog_opacity: masterPage.get('fog_opacity'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; background_color: masterPage.get('background_color'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; gridcolor: masterPage.get('gridcolor'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; grid_type: masterPage.get('grid_type'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; scale_number: masterPage.get('scale_number'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; scale_units: masterPage.get('scale_units'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; gridlabels: masterPage.get('gridlabels'), &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; diagonaltype: masterPage.get('diagonaltype') &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; }); &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; }); &nbsp; &nbsp; } else { &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; sendChat('MasterPage','/w gm No page named MASTER found.'); &nbsp; &nbsp; } }); On load, it will look for a page named MASTER (which can be archived). &nbsp;When a new page is created, it will copy all the settings from the MASTER page to the newly created one.
That's awesome man. Thanks!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
No worries. =D &nbsp; Honestly, I can't believe I haven't written something like this before, as often has I've had the same troubles... &nbsp;=D
Well I just threw it into all my campaigns and she works like a dream. Would you mind if I shared this with my other GM friends, or are you going to put it in the script database? Either way thanks again man.

Edited 1440510178
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Feel free to share it, I'll build an official version with some more bells and whistles (at some point) and stuff it in the repo. &nbsp;=D Cheers!

Edited 1440512399
Gold
Forum Champion
Nice work on the "Master Page" script to resolve this for subscriber-users, The Aaron. Thanks for contributing so much. For Pro and Plus perks, using API, we can now have default Page Settings.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .