Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Presence system ala Facebook

1461262948

Edited 1461263026
Ellie
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I don't think this has been talked about before, but I could have just not searched the right keywords, and if so, sorry! :x What I'm offering is, to put it simply, a nice "one click" presence or absence system. We already have the "next game" schedule, and it is great! But I think sometimes it could be good to have a box players could click to say "I won't be there" or confirm their presence. (Maybe with an optional textbox to explain the reason of the absence.) Many times have I seen absent players that didn't warn me beforehand because they couldn't care to connect on Skype or text me (the meanies) but with this, a simple click and the GM could be warned of the number of present players, and then judge if the game is worth playing, for instance with only two players out of five. It could be argued that other tools could accomplish the same: Google calendars, the forum, or manners, but you could argue the same about game schedule, and it's still damn useful! :p (By the way, Google Calendar integration could be interesting, with the game schedule and players' answers, but that's another topic! ;)   ) Thanks for reading me! :3
1550175477
Roll20 Dev Team
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .