Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Displaying a Link to External Journals from Within a Player Profile

Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
Pro members can give a link to an External Journal for their campaign, displaying their characters and handouts for anyone to see, even outside Roll20.  (There are minor problems with the feature:  Journal entries don't Zoom like for registered players, and the entries are in alphabetical order by title, with the folder-structure of the Journal lost.) My main suggestion is that members should be able to place a link to the External Journals for one or more campaigns (of their choice) in their member Profile as well.  This may be useful during the Looking for Group phase so a potential player can click for a Profile and see examples of how the GM sets up games.  A new section of the Profile could be set up called something like Campaigns the Member Has Displayed.

Edited 1462571829
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Pierre! I like your suggestions, actually especially about the problems in the 1st paragraph. For the main suggestion, allowing External Journal Links within your Player Profile, you can actually do that now. Player Profile allows a web link to be in your Bio section. &nbsp;External Journal can be accessed from the web link of it (if the game has the setting enabled to make External Journal public). To put this on your Player Profile, get the public link of your External Journal and edit/add it within your Player Profile Bio. Does that work for your goals? Wiki docs, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#External_Journal_A" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#External_Journal_A</a>... The suggestion is still valid for a checkmark or separate section to list External Journal links.
Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
Oh, yes, I know I could do that. &nbsp;I wonder if it could be done as a formal separate Profile section. &nbsp;I leave it to others to see if there is interest in officially baring their very souls, haha.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .