Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [D&D 5E] [PAID] The Butcher of Bryndall, 7pm Wed EST (Level 1, campaign hasn't started yet)

Edited 1552651354
This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $12 USD per three hour session, paid through PayPal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Winters are never much fun in Bryndall. This year, things are a lot worse. The sudden attacks by packs of vicious gnolls are bad enough, but there is now a serial killer within the walls of the quaint little town, taking a new victim every few days. As the temperature drops, the snow intensifies, and the gnolls step up their efforts to breach the town's defenses, will anybody be able to catch the elusive Butcher of Bryndall? Hi all, My name is Asha, I’m 30, and I have been playing D&amp;D for about sixteen years and DMing for nearly that long. This is a homebrew 5th Edition Dungeons &amp; Dragons campaign that I have spent a significant amount of time designing and playtesting, and incorporates a wide variety of marketplace purchases and custom-made tokens, maps, and monsters. This is a paid game , and costs $12 USD for each three hour session, paid through PayPal. Your first session is free. Refunds will be offered in certain circumstances. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. When We Play: This game will be played on&nbsp; Wednesdays at 7:00 PM, EDT.&nbsp; Sessions will last for roughly three hours. If unsure of the time zone conversion, the "Next Game Will Be" section above displays the game time in your own time zone. We will play most weeks, with roughly two weeks off during every three month period. It's all good if you miss sessions sometimes - we all have our own lives and responsibilities - but&nbsp; please give advance notice whenever you will be late or absent. &nbsp;You will never be charged for sessions you don't attend. This game observes North American daylight savings time. If you live in a time-zone that does not do daylight savings, or observes daylight savings during different periods of the year, please keep this in mind, as the game time will change for you whenever North America has a DST change-over. How We Play: There will be a maximum of 6 players. Generally, if there are at least three players (plus myself) present, we will go ahead with the game, unless everyone wants to wait until there's a bigger party. This game mostly goes by RAW (Rules as Written), but I do use some house rules and non-standard interpretations of the existing rules. I'm pretty relaxed when it comes to roleplaying - there's no need to write an elaborate backstory or go all-out in roleplaying your character unless you want to. I try my best to cater both to players who really get into the roleplaying side of the game and to those who are more about the combat. Discord will be used for voice chat. First-time and inexperienced D&amp;D players are welcome, but please make an effort to familiarise yourself with the basics of the D&amp;D 5E rules before the game begins. I'm happy to assist you with building your character and using the Roll20 character sheets, but I will not be able to make your character from scratch for you or level them up.&nbsp; Common sense "don't be a dick" rules apply. Be nice, try to sort out disagreements like an adult, don't hog the spotlight or talk over other players, and generally just avoid being an unpleasant person. Everyone's just here to have fun, after all. About the Campaign: Pretty much everything from official WoTC rulebooks is allowed, with the exception of anything with a fly speed. Unearthed Arcana is allowed on a case by case basis. Homebrew content is not allowed, but I am willing to make exceptions for material from the Middle Finger of Vecna website. No evil alignments. Regardless of your alignment and character concept, please make a character that is capable of working in a team and co-operating with the rest of the party. It wouldn't be accurate to call this campaign a sandbox, but I do like to provide a lot of opportunities for players to influence events and drive the story in their own direction. Since I run this campaign for multiple groups, I'm not bothered at all if player actions force me to improvise like crazy, ignore and/or significantly alter lots of pre-written material, or hastily prepare new content. Expect a fair bit of combat. While there will still be plenty of roleplaying opportunities and non-combat encounters (the first session, for example, is likely to be pretty RP-heavy), most sessions will have at least one combat encounter, and there will sometimes be sessions that consist mostly of combat. Difficulty level is more-or-less normal. Players don't die that often in my games, but it does happen. Don't expect to be able to win every encounter through brute force - sometimes you'll have to negotiate, sometimes you'll have to run. This campaign has no defined end point, and will last as long as everyone wants to play, or until the party either reaches level 20 or is TPK'd. The name and general premise of the campaign will likely change numerous times as the story progresses. This game takes place in my own homebrew setting. It is a fairly high magic setting, and you will be able to purchase, sell, and create magic items and weapons, using modified versions of the downtime rules from Xanathar's Guide to Everything. The tone is fairly serious, but with a decent amount of humour to lighten the mood at appropriate points. (Opinions may vary on whether said humour is actually funny.) Banter and general silliness from players is absolutely fine, as long as it isn't slowing things down too much. This isn't a "mature" game, but there will be swearing, sexual references, and some fairly graphic descriptions of violence. There won't be anything involving rape or sexual assault, but be warned that the story may contain situations where children are hurt or killed. I'd prefer all players be at least 15 years old.&nbsp; What Am I Paying For? I believe that if you are expecting people to pay money to play D&amp;D, you have to offer a service that justifies the expense. In my pay-to-play games, you are guaranteed: A DM that has over fifteen years experience running D&amp;D games and over two years experience running games on Roll20, and has learnt the hard way what makes a good game and what makes a poor game.&nbsp; A DM that will always be available for scheduled games, excluding emergencies and other unexpected life events. While there will be the occasional week off, as explained above, there should otherwise be little to no reason for games to be cancelled. A DM that always comes to the game fully prepared and in the mood to play. I have done extensive prep work for this campaign, with detailed notes, numerous maps and handouts, and in-game resources for players such as drag-and-drop spell templates, and I have playtested it with several prior groups. On occasions where the group goes off the rails and does totally unexpected stuff, I'm always willing to improvise, and between sessions will alter my notes and write new material to react to player actions. A DM concerned with making sure everyone is having fun, that the game moves at a smooth, fast pace (especially in combat), and that the D&amp;D rules are used correctly and fairly. A visually impressive game. One of my favorite things about Roll20 is all the visual elements you can add to a game, and I have spent a lot of time and money both on marketplace purchases and making my own custom map and token assets. On top of this, I have a very large collection of overhead tokens for players to choose from for their own characters, which I will happily customize for players on request. A friendly, relaxed gaming environment, where aggressive, disruptive, or just deeply unpleasant players are not tolerated. If you do not think you are getting your money's worth and want to quit the game, you are entitled to a refund on your final session. (Conditions apply, see Payment Guidelines thread in the listing linked below for more information) How to Apply: Either make a post below or in the dedicated thread in the listing Players will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. There is no need to include a character concept or backstory - as long as there is an opening available, you will be accepted into the game. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Cheers <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/148549/the-butcher-of-bryndall" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/148549/the-butcher-of-bryndall</a>
UPDATE: The start time has been changed to 7pm Wednesdays, EST . First session is still scheduled for the 20th of February, EST .

Edited 1552651253
UPDATE #2: We're four sessions in, and looking for one or two more players.&nbsp;Party is currently level 3, and consists of a Sorcerer, Rogue/Fighter, Fighter, and Paladin. So far, they've proved pretty morally ambiguous and willing to break the law - traditionally lawful good characters with strict moral codes probably won't fit in too well with the rest of the group.