Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Savage Worlds Tabbed] SWADE Update

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Just wanted to let everyone know that the sheet's update is coming along. All that remains is to update the Vehicle tab.  This is going to be a major update (completely redesigned with some expanded capabilities, etc). I've tried to leave support for previous versions of the game, so a fair bit of customization should be possible. Because it's going to be a major update, you'll want to back up your game if you fear losing character data. To minimize that risk, I've set up a Test Game where you can import characters (the more complex the better) and test the functionality. This will run that character through the upgrade process so you'll be able too see if there are any problems we need to fix before we push this to live environment. If you want to test your characters, you can go here: SWT QA Game . My plan is to release this within the next 3-4 weeks (I want to give ample time for people to help test the Upgrade Process).
Hey, feature request - option to add dF to all rolls, to help smooth out some of the weirdness of exploding dice?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
What does DF mean?
Fudge dice and they won't smooth anything out in my opinion, exploding dice in savage worlds is first an important part of the system and second a die exploding multiple times won't be adjusted by a couple fate dice modifying the end result by just a few points. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I saw a suggestion in another thread that might be helpful, Finderski. Since not everyone cruises the forums, if you plan a major upgrade, do a minor upgrade first that just adds a very prominent notice of the coming revision that appears on the character sheet itself. Then everyone actively using the sheet should have ample warning.
Explanation of what I'm talking about:&nbsp; <a href="http://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=41300#p392117" rel="nofollow">http://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=41300#p392117</a> Basically, the probability curves aren't that smooth in Savage World's, which can lead to some very specifically odd results where for certain values a smaller die is better than a bigger die. If you add a fudge die to every roll (which ranges from -1 to +1) it smooths the probability curves to eliminate these glitches
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
keithcurtis said: I saw a suggestion in another thread that might be helpful, Finderski. Since not everyone cruises the forums, if you plan a major upgrade, do a minor upgrade first that just adds a very prominent notice of the coming revision that appears on the character sheet itself. Then everyone actively using the sheet should have ample warning. Yep, the change has already been made and I'll be submitting it this weekend. :) Thanks for thinking of it and recommending it, though. I do appreciate it. Joseph M. said: Explanation of what I'm talking about:&nbsp; <a href="http://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=41300#p392117" rel="nofollow">http://archive.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=41300#p392117</a> Basically, the probability curves aren't that smooth in Savage World's, which can lead to some very specifically odd results where for certain values a smaller die is better than a bigger die. If you add a fudge die to every roll (which ranges from -1 to +1) it smooths the probability curves to eliminate these glitches That's an interesting idea... I'll see what I can do, but I'll be honest, this will likely be at the bottom of my priority list as there are a lot of things already on my plate...
Totally understand just wanted to put the request in