Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[3.5 Char sheet] To whom or where do I need to write to report a bug? NPC sheet is not calculating Attribute bonuses.

Edited 1550674239
Hi. I'm using DnD 3.5e Character Sheet v.2.7.8 01/07/19 by Diana P. Great sheet, playing with it for a long time. But there is one small annoying thing. If sheet is in PC mode, it calculates ability scores itself. Means, if Ability score is 18, it will automatically change bonus to +4. If score is +28, it will automatically calculate that bonus is +9. However, when you change mode of the sheet to NPC, it does not do that anymore. As a DM who makes separate tokens for all creatures, it's kinda  bummer, that every time I need to calculate that, I need to, well, count it myself, because, sadly, statblocks just give the scores, not bonuses. To whom or where should I direct this to? I think  it's a bug, since PC sheet calculates that. So, NPC should do that too?
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
It's not technically a bug since the npc sheet is not set up to calculate anything at all; it is a place to put a creature's stat block.  It was set up that way so it could keep the data you wanted without having to add as much support as the pc portion of the sheet does (if I calc the ability bonus from the ability, how do you keep track of a buff which adds to that ability, etc).  The main idea was to keep the npc tab as light as possible so it didn't add to lag on the sheet and to make the inevitable re-write easier if/when they give 3.5 it's own compendium.  I tended to figure that folk who wanted a beefier npc sheet would likely end up just using portions of the pc sheet, even if only for the calculations. If you put in the space for the bonus something like:  [[floor(@{npcstr}/2)-5]]  (for strength), it would allow you to use the value in a macro though it would only display the formula in the box on the sheet.
Oohhh, I never thought about using formula there. Awesome, thanks