Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e][LFP][P2P] Advanced Curse of Strahd - GMT 8PM Friday

Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Now with introductory video:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xpQZRtJb_4&amp;feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xpQZRtJb_4&amp;feature=youtu.be</a> Hey, I'm Mik! &nbsp;I run a regular Friday night campaign, and unfortunately some scheduling conflicts have left us with too few players. Right now, there are 2-3 open slots for anyone interested! The campaign has run for only two sessions, and no critical parts have been missed just yet, so we can discuss how to integrate your characters.&nbsp; If you have any interest in this campaign, even just some passing questions, please feel free to message here or PM me and I can get back to you with any answers! Thanks again. Pay-to-Play This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $10 USD/session via Paypal, to be paid monthly. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. I know pay-to-play is controversial, and I understand why people often don't want to pay for what they can get for free. But because you're paying me, I can offer full-on production values for your buck, with sub-plots, characters, and unique encounters I've designed and refined with other groups. I also understand value for money, so I want to offer the first session or two free to make sure it's a good match before we kick it into high gear. The $10 also covers things like a Roll20 Pro campaign sub, the Curse of Strahd module, DMsGuild supplements, addons like Xanathar's Guide and Tome of Beasts, and Marketplace materials like maps/tokens. From four previous runthroughs, I've set up a framework including extra handouts and art, music and ambience tracks, Roll20 API features (incl. custom scripts), suggestions from the CoS reddit community, etc. I'll also be available for anything you want to talk about - character concepts or storyline ideas, homebrew options, or any questions or concerns with the game, Roll20, D&amp;D, or whatever. And if you're new to Roll20, or just want to learn some advanced Roll20 tips, I can spend some one-on-one and show you through the ropes. Other than the cost, there's no extra commitment on your part. I'm just one guy, and the games are still going to be fairly casual. No charge if you need to miss a session, or if a week's game falls through; and I'm a reasonable guy if money starts to get tight. Curse of Strahd Curse of Strahd is a 5th edition D&amp;D adaption of the award-winning 1983 Ravenloft module for AD&amp;D, written by Tracy and Laura Hickman. In the years since, the original has gained a reputation as one of the greatest Dungeons &amp; Dragons adventures ever.&nbsp; Curse of Strahd uses recurring elements inspired by classic horror literature and gothic fairy tales. The players find themselves drawn into the cursed land of Count Strahd von Zarovich, a terrifying predator hidden behind a romantic, noble veil. Once there, they must contend with the horrors of Barovia – misty forests full of wolves and witches; haunted manors and abandoned castles; grotesque monsters in the shadows; and other creatures that serve Strahd’s evil will.&nbsp; Please note: as Curse of Strahd is a horror adventure and thus can be uncomfortable for players, it includes some themes and imagery which may be particularly difficult for some players. This includes violence against children, dated depictions of mental illnesses; and racial stereotypes attributed to real-world Romani people. Care has been taken to interpret and adapt such content, but if you are at all uncomfortable with these themes, we should discuss this before proceeding further. About The Campaign I'm looking for a group of 4-5 players per game. Sessions will be weekly, and last 3.5-4 hours. The game will be run on Roll20 with voice and (optional) video. I'll start a discord for chat between games. I'd prefer players who are experienced with Roll20 and 5e D&amp;D, but I'm eager to work with anyone interested in the campaign!&nbsp; From previous games, I'd say this'll take about 5-6 months of weekly play to complete. The adventure runs from 1st-level to 10th, but can continue longer depending on interest. The first few sessions are an intro adventure that rapidly brings players to 3rd-level.&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm down to discuss character material from Unearthed Arcana, 3pp, or homebrew. About Me I'm Mik Holmes, freelance illustrator (with some material on the Roll20 marketplace here). Been playing/DMing tabletop games for 15+ years, and I've DM'd some officially sanctioned D&amp;D/Pathfinder weekly adventure nights in game stores for several years. My husband and I live in BC, Canada.&nbsp; My experience has taught me how to tailor my DM style to the group. Depending on player preferences, I strike a balance between immersive rolepalying and drama; strategic and punchy combat; and I think my strongest aspect is keeping dramatic pacing with combat and RP, but I know I still have much to learn, and I'm currently trying to stretch my NPC improv muscles. I know how to tailor the game to the group - in the past, based on group preference, I've run this as a strict roleplaying game, a full-on comedy game, and (more often) a mix of the two. Interested If you've read above and are interested in playing, please drop me a line in this forum, PM me, or leave a message in the LFG linked below and tell me a little about yourself, like what kinds of games you prefer.&nbsp; If you've got a group of people who you like to play with, please feel free to point them here too - I find it's always better if the players know at least one other player, but it's not required! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/127552/miks-curse-of-strahd" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/127552/miks-curse-of-strahd</a>
Manseyful
Plus
Marketplace Creator
For anyone considering joining I wholeheartedly encourage you to do so! Mik is a great DM and the campaign is spooky and suspense filled in all the perfect ways. I'm currently in the Friday game and would love to help should anyone need it with linking characters through connections and such!&nbsp;
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
We're still looking for interested players! Please feel free to message me with any questions you might have!&nbsp;
Guys. This group is so much fun. Mik is an awesome DM and he's taking us through this in a way that literally had my heart racing. I'm in the Friday group as well and welcoming any good vibes from new members to help us along this spoopy adventure. Bunp Bunp Bunp!!
I've played in one of Mik's Curse of Strahd games before.&nbsp; Trust me, if you want to experience the module in all of its gothic horror glory, Mik is just the DM to do it with!&nbsp; He's funny, easy-going, consummately professional and knows the material very well.&nbsp; Let me put this way: in all the games I've played on Roll20, Mik's is the only one that ever completed a campaign.&nbsp;