Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

NPC Tokens and GM Layer

Hey, this is a two parted question. Firstly is the generation of NPC Tokens: Everytime I create a new NPC and link a token to it, I always want the 3 same things to appear on the token. HP NPC_AC NPC_SPEED. After getting incresingly tired of writing these things out for hundreds of tokens, I tried using the "Game Settings" for the game itself and changing the BAR X VALUE, MAX, and LINK to the things I want.. Nothing appear to work. I've tried creating new tokens and still, they do not come up by default when I link it to a character. Just to be sure I'm not doing something wrong when creating the tokens, I do the following: Create the Character itself without linking to any picture Drop the token into the gameboard Link the token and the character in the token, setting it up with health, AC and speed Going into the character and using "Use Token". I don't feel like this method is incorrect. However, I still need to type those 3 things out every time I make a new token and it gets tiresome. Hope one of you guys can help me fix it or say what I'm doing wrong Secondly, I am currently trying out the GM Layer for Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I wanted to have the DM Layer inside, so I could see all the DM stuff without having to switch screens. This works fine, however, I would love to have the opacity for the GM Layer all the way up. So I only could see the DM Map and Tokens, while my players could see the PLayer Map and Tokens. My only problem is now that the GM Layer also goes over tokens. Is there anyway to make it so tokens always are viewable ?
MaxeII said: After getting incresingly tired of writing these things out for hundreds of tokens, I tried using the "Game Settings" for the game itself and changing the BAR X VALUE, MAX, and LINK to the things I want.. Nothing appear to work. I've tried creating new tokens and still, they do not come up by default when I link it to a character. I believe the Game Settings for tokens are only applied when dragging a token from the Compendium rather than the Journal. So unless you have the Monster Manual or some other Compendium addition, I don't believe you will receive much benefit to the token default settings. MaxeII said: Secondly, I am currently trying out the GM Layer for Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I wanted to have the DM Layer inside, so I could see all the DM stuff without having to switch screens. This works fine, however, I would love to have the opacity for the GM Layer all the way up. So I only could see the DM Map and Tokens, while my players could see the PLayer Map and Tokens. My only problem is now that the GM Layer also goes over tokens. Is there anyway to make it so tokens always are viewable ? I don't believe so. The way the layers are layered puts everything on the GM layer on top of everything on the Token layer, and everything on the Token layer on top of everything on the Map layer.