Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trouble Uploading Certain Songs

Hi. I'm having some trouble uploading a small fraction of my music to Roll20. It's a very curious issue and I'm struggling to get to the root of it. Essentially I have about 4 tracks, all of which are under 10mbs, that stop uploading the moment they get to the 5mb point of their upload, similar to the way an asset would if I was a free user. I have plenty of songs that sit at a higher filesize than these particular songs, and I know they are all MP3s that play just fine on my machine.  Has anyone encountered issues with very specific songs that they've been unable to upload?

Edited 1551120039
Just found that other people have already submitted this bug, so I guess it's not as specific as I thought.. curious. Especially considering I have a chunky 10 mb song and a few over 8 mbs that experienced no trouble at all uploading. 
Final update to help with visibility: I've noticed all the songs that are experiencing the issue are just over 5 minutes or more. There is a very clear cut-off when the issue begins, and it is immediately after the song is 5 minutes long. Even a few seconds after this point and the upload fails. I have larger 10 mb songs that are coming under 5 minutes and they upload fine, but these smaller 5.5 mbs are over 5 minutes, and they do not upload. All of the songs failing to upload share this similarity.  It is a length issue, not a filesize issue. At least, that is my conclusion. Any chance there's an option the devs have overlooked that's gating the length of songs we can upload as opposed to the size of them?
I've been having this problem as well, though the cut off for me has been 4mb for some reason.
Hi Angry_Rope and  Kbludoh, Could you please go ahead and fill out the template below with as much information as you can? Description of setup Browser + Version Browser Addons/Extensions Operating System Bug Triage Results Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeed in resolving the problem, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)