Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFP][5E][Wednesdays at 6pm CST] Looking for players to save my homebrew world!

1551216798

Edited 1551217218
Hello all, my name is Grimwolf and I am looking for players to set my torn apart homebrew world back together again! The setting is one of a world where the gods once walked and molded the world in their hands. Then the world was torn from their hands during a war in heaven after a god sought the dark gods (Demons and devils) for aid and was betrayed. When this happened the wold fell through the shadowfell, hells, and abyss and the world was scorched, burned, flooded, frozen and latched onto by dark forces. From a gameplay standpoint certain areas have been made &nbsp;"safe" but most of the world is quite dangerous. I don't want to go to overboard with lore and whatnot but know that it's more in depth and complicated than just that. This is the world as you know it, and you will start in the city of Lazarus. All base races and many non-standard races are built into the world. I am more than willing to work with you if you want to play any homebrew races or classes but they will need to fit the world and not break the game.&nbsp; Right now the game is already running but due to IRL stuff we have lost a couple players and i'm looking to get a few more people into the game. Right now the players are level 6, and we use milestone leveling! What I want from the game I want to run a fun story with my players but I prefer a mostly (Like 80-90%) serious game. The world is gritty and will try to kill you if you let it. I will also give you plenty of tools, options, pets, mounts, allies and magic items to pave your way.&nbsp; What I want from you Keeping in theme I would like my players to have the following things in mind starting the game A good backstory. Please don't tell me "Oh just watch ninja turtles, thats my backstory". I want my players to feel connected to the world and its events. I want to tie that npc who trained you into the narrative. As long as its good i dont care but I highly reccomend the "Knife theory" Version&nbsp; <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/775caq/my_friends_and_i_have_something_called_knife/" rel="nofollow">https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/775caq/my_friends_and_i_have_something_called_knife/</a> Please play Heros to at least some degree. You don't need to be a valiant paladin risking life and limb at every turn but please don't throw up your hands and walk away from a burning orphanage. I will be using Discord for Voice chat, please come prepared with a mic! To be considered: Please fill out this format Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? (Things such as sex will be fade-to-black, but themes such as rape will not be present in this game) What is your favorite/ most played class and race? What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? What do you want from a GM? If you have any questions feel free to add and message me on&nbsp; discord at&nbsp;DahmonGrimwolf #7779&nbsp; or here on Roll 20! &nbsp;I can't wait to play with you all!
I don't know if we are supposed to answer this request on this tread, but I'll try anyway.&nbsp; Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? Yes, I would say so.&nbsp; What is your favorite/ most played class and race? For races, I like Orcs, Half-Orcs, Minotaurs, and big monster races, but I like the subversion where these races are not considered evil, and maybe even be great forces of good. As far as class goes, I love the Sorcerer, as I have fond memories of being one in 3.5 What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? Well I would like to do one of my favorite class combos of a Half-Orc Paladin/Sorcerer.&nbsp; What do you want from a GM? All I can really ask is for a GM that is receptive to player input, and who loves evolving their narrative and their world. By the looks of this post, I think that is something you already have covered.&nbsp; I hope I get chosen, as I like what I've been able to glean from this post so far!
1551222446

Edited 1551222541
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? Yes, I'm 29. :3 What is your favorite/ most played class and race? I usually stick to magic users of all kinds- anything with a spellcasting ability is my special forte`, but that can include bards, rangers, and paladins, outside of the usual wizard. My FAVORITE class by far to play is Storm Sorcerer. As for race, I like to play any of them, but I have never played a halfling, dwarf, or a gnome, and I don't intend to start. What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? Depends on what the party NEEDS. I like to fill niches. Though if I had first pick, I would say Human Paladin. :D What do you want from a GM? I want a GM who treats their players like people and not like an audience to a story they are trying to tell. I have had issues in the past with GM's who would constantly move goal posts, or trap loot hoardes just because we fought through the boss "too quickly" in his opinion, thereby stealing back whatever reward we had earned for clearing the dungeon. So far as I can see from reading this, you seem like a reasonable GM and I would love to play. :D
1551247255

Edited 1551247467
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? Im&nbsp;38 and spent 10 years infantry I candle everything What is your favorite/ most played class and race? Favorate race class combo is drow divine spec that specializes in neurotic damage W hat Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game?&nbsp; Hoping for a halfling moon druid/totem barb or a halfling necromancer or a halfling paladin. What do you want from a GM? Tolerant ( i am lgbtq) good story, and keeps players in line and trysts to maintain control
1551410046

Edited 1551410088
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? Short answer, Yes. What is your favorite/ most played class and race? Moon Druid and Lizardfolk (because I have been trying to play that combination for a while and have only gotten &nbsp;a game witch I could play it) What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? Githyanki War Magic Wizard that is sick of creatures doing the same thing Illithids did to his people while trying to get enough power to save his race in the Astral Plane. Reversely, can play instead Fallen Aasimar &nbsp;Ancient Paladin and Pact blade Warlock combo that once was abandoned his duties&nbsp;but after a long life, he finally has something that he wants to protect, so he finally picks up a sword. What do you want from a GM? I want a GM that can balance&nbsp;the 3 elements of D&amp;D: Roleplaying, Combat, Puzzles(mental, actual puzzles, and moral choices)
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing?: Yeah, absolutely! What is your favorite/ most played class and race?: Honestly, anything reliant on dexterity, charisma or wisdom are my go-to classes. Warlocks, rogues, monks, dex-based fighters. Maybe a ranger, if I wanted to shake things up. As for race, I love an elven lineage, but I'm not entirely picky. Whatever compliments the class/backstory I have in mind. What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game?: Wood elf monk, for sure. She's a bit of a tomboy, on the cusp of adulthood, and is absolutely champing at the bit to prove herself. What do you want from a GM?: &nbsp;I'd love a GM who can dork out about the storytelling of the campaign. Don't get me wrong, I love combat, but I love a good journey through a new world more than that. If a GM genuinely cares about the players' characters and enjoys creating a long-term story, I'm there.
1551460159

Edited 1551460170
Are you able to handle mature content such as cursing? Yes, glad you brought this up.. I curse a lot&nbsp;and just like real life sex seems to fade to black. Weird. What is your favorite/ most played class and race? I haven't played much but I want to play a Bard - Half Orc or DragonBorn.&nbsp; What Class and/or race do you plan on playing in this game? Bard/Cleric Half-Orc or Dragonborn What do you want from a GM? Well, I just want the GM to fill the world with NPCs and Places that myself and party are able to bring to life through interaction. A consistent&nbsp;game that we can play to be excited to join and play every week. Someone who goes with the flow and doesn't allow for one player to take over the game and includes everyone in building the story. That last bit is also on the players as well but its nice to have the support of your GM