Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

First time Roll20 GM...need Macro help!

Hi there,  So, I'm about to embark on my first ever time GMing on Roll20 and I'm trying to get my head around two tricky (for me) Macros: 1. A macro for two types of damage from one attack: in the game (Squadron UK - the Golden Heroes re-boot) each attack gives Kill and Stun Damage and there's a potential bonus at the end. I thought this might work but it didn't... /1D6-5[Kill Damage]+/2D6[Stun Damage]+?{Damage Bonus}. Any ideas as to how I can make this work? 2. One die roll giving ranges of success e.g. 1D20 where 1 = Fumble, 15 - 17 = Partial Success, 18 - 19 = Success, 20 = Fumble. I don't eve know where to start with that one! Any help really gratefully received...... Martin 
For 1. You could probably do the following /r d6-5 [Kill] + 2d6 [stun] + ?{Bonus|0} Or Kill [[d6-5]] Stun [[2d6]] Bonus [[?{bonus}]] For 2.  Rollable Table is probably what you want, look in the wiki on how to set it up and roll it.
1551274177
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For 2 you could use roll formatting. The following will show the roll as red on a 1 or 20 (Fumble), blue for 15-17 (Partial Success) and green on a 18/19 (Success). All over numbers will have no formatting: [[1d20cf1cf15cf16cf17cf20cs15cs16cs17cs18cs19]]
1551274611
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As a Pro user you also have access to API Scripts. It might be worth hunting down the Power Cards API thread, and asking there. Power Cards lets you do a lot of clever stuff with rolls.
Thanks Jake. The two types of damage worked OK but it's still not quite what I wanted so I'll have another play around based on what you kindly sent: I think I may be demanding too much as ideally I wanted one macro to produce two separate numbers, one visibly labelled "Kill" and one "Stun" and I think that might not be possible.  As for the rollable tables....whew....that was way over my head...I'm going to go old school and the players can work it out.  Cheers again,  Martin 
Cheers everyone! A lot to work experiment with! Thanks. 
1551311954
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here's a way to label them, using rolltemplates &{template:default} {{name=Fred makes an attack!}}{{Kill= [[1D6-5]]}} {{Stun=[[2D6+?{Damage Bonus|0}]] }} Note that in a macro, you can use separate lines, so without fancy formatting, you could do /roll 1D6-5[Kill Damage] /roll 2D6[Stun Damage]+?{Damage Bonus} Put both those lines in a macro, and they'll both appear whenever you click the macro.
Sorry for the late thank you, GiGs - I've been away. That's a great help!
1551971093
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're welcome :)