Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trouble with reroll

Edited 1551304004
Hi everyone Well I've tried to make a macro for a character... combining an attack with the option to choose great weapon master feat and using the fact, that he has great weapon fighting style. &{template:atkdmg} {{mod= 16 }} {{rname=Darkblade}} {{r1=[[1d20cs>20 +[[ @{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[Prof]+3[magic]-?{Use Great Weapon Master?|Yes,5|No,0}[Misc]]] ]]}} {{always=1}} {{r2=[[1d20cs>20 +[[ @{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[Prof]+3[magic]-?{Use Great Weapon Master?|Yes,5|No,0}[Misc]]] ]]}}  {{attack=1}} {{range=5 ft.}} {{damage=1}}  {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[2d8ro<2 +@{strength_mod}+3]] }} {{dmg1type=slashing}} {{crit1=[[2d8ro<2]]}} {{dmg2flag=1}} {{dmg2=[[2d6ro<2 ]] }} {{dmg2type=psychic}}{{crit2=[[2d6ro<2]]}} {{desc=**@{selected|character_name}** ***attacking*** **@{target|token_name}** with his dark greatsword}} but if he is unlucky to roll very low, like a 1 and 2 on initial damage, it reroll only one of them, and I though that 2d8ro<2 would control both dice individually and then reroll, either 1 or 2 dice once. But so far it is only maximum 3 dices per damage roll Another thing, I'm not sure if it is possible, but I have a macro to alter the toggle bar between advanvtage, disadvantage and so. So the optimum would be, that the number of attack rolls will depend whether that toggle bar is set to, so a normal would only 1 attack roll, and so on. Also I'm not completely sure, if the critical is correct, am still pretty new to creating macros in roll20. I am using the d&d 5e by roll 20 sheet template. Hope that someone can help Kim
I am not having this same issue. I just ran 2d8ro<8 (so you always reroll) and the dice roller rolled 4 dice every time.  I did notice that it was slightly uninituitive in it's approach though. The way the reroll functionality works when rolling multiple dice at once is, each dice will be rerolled if necessary before moving onto the next die. So in your example 2d8ro<2. First the roller rolls 1d8 (oops it's a 2), so it rerolls the die (unfortunately it rolled another 1). The end result of the first die is determined, and the second die needs to be rolled (yay it's an 8). So the total in this scenario is 9 (1 + 8). 

Edited 1551309131
ok, so the reason I just saw three numbers then, is because it rolled a 1 and then reroll it to a 2, and then roll the 2nd die which gave 3+ that does seem a little confusing, because I just count from the beginning and saw the dice 1, 2, 7 with the 1 in a different color, so though it roll 1 and 2, and then made one reroll of the 1 to a 7 Ok... do you know a way to fix the number of attack rolls?
In looking at the attribute on for the toggle on the character sheet, you should just have to replace "{{always=1}} {{r1=[[1d20" with "@{advantagetoggle}". So &{template:atkdmg} {{mod= 16 }} {{rname=Darkblade}} {{r1=[[1d20cs>20 +[[ @{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[Prof]+3[magic]-?{Use Great Weapon Master?|Yes,5|No,0}[Misc]]] ]]}} @{advantagetoggle} cs>20 +[[ @{strength_mod}[STR]+@{pb}[Prof]+3[magic]-?{Use Great Weapon Master?|Yes,5|No,0}[Misc]]] ]]}}  {{attack=1}} {{range=5 ft.}} {{damage=1}}  {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[2d8ro<2 +@{strength_mod}+3]] }} {{dmg1type=slashing}} {{crit1=[[2d8ro<2]]}} {{dmg2flag=1}} {{dmg2=[[2d6ro<2 ]] }} {{dmg2type=psychic}}{{crit2=[[2d6ro<2]]}} {{desc=**@{selected|character_name}** ***attacking*** **@{target|token_name}** with his dark greatsword}}