Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Default Sheet Settings - Type = Radio and Text/Textarea

MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Are there any examples of Default Sheet Settings for Radio buttons? I looked through the existing code but couldn't find any? Should I convert any radio button options to a drop-down? I tried using same setups for the Select type by populating the options, key/value pair, but that didn't work.  Does Default Sheet Settings support a textarea input type? I have several options where it would be nice to separate lines of text using an end of line character. Thanks, Ken
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think you'd be best off messaging roll20 staff (<a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> I believe) for this. The default sheet settings aren't documented, and most people avoid them because there's no way to test them before committing. There are some people who have used them, maybe they'll see this thread and answer.
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks GiGs!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
There exist some minimal documentation on the wiki, that also links to recommended sheet to study. I think Savage World Tabbed might also have an lower amount of Default sheet options that might be worthwhile to study. Opening up the sheet's html and sheet.json while tinkering with the sheet in a test game should give some insight in how they function. Browser the sheet repository and look at some of the official sheet if there are other sheets that have good Default Settings to learn from. If you find one that taught you a lot and isn't mentioned on the wiki's article, please mention it there and maybe what it taught you so the next person will have more documentation to work with. (This is the approach I had in mind for when I find the time for this topic.)
MadCoder
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Andreas J. I found a lot of examples for normal select boxes, checkboxes, and single line text box. I will post anything I find in this thread.