Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

NPC's/Creatures being replaced when I drag one from the compendium

Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi, lately i've been having a problem.  When I have a NPC/Creature sheet open on my second screen. And I drag a monster from the compendium to the map on my main screen, The NPC/Creature on my second screen gets replaced. - Last session my group was in the final battle of Tomb of Annihilation, fighting Acererak. My ranger decided to summon a Bronze Dragon Wyrmling. I dragged it on the map, and Acererak's stats where all replaced by the bronze dragon Wyrmling. Luckily I had a backup ToA campaign and I could transfer him back with the Transmogrifier. But otherwise we would have to stop the session to somehow get back Acererak. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks, Jan
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I also experienced this last session (coincidentally also Tomb of Annihilation, at the Beholder fight). It only happened with creatures popped out into their own window, and is definitely new behavior as I usually run with multiple npc sheets open on the second screen.
Hello Jan L. and Loren the GM, In order to begin troubleshooting the issue and narrowing the cause down, we ask that you  please carefully work through these steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues . Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If the issue is still persisting, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is a very old bug that I thought had been squished, had it not happened to me in twice in the last six months. Unfortunately, testing has not yielded reliable reproduction patterns, other than that the character sheet that gets overwritten needs to be popped out.
Jan L.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I can't recreate the problem. But it does happen sometimes. I turned off the extensions and cleared my cache. I will keep you up to date if it happens again.
Thank you Jan, please let us know.  For now I am closing this thread.