Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

(Recruitment Open!) Legacies of Faerun - Journey into Heathen [4e]

Legacies of Faerun is based in the mythical land of Faerun (obviously), where darkness threatens the lands and the land's denizens and towns are besieged by monsters in need of a hero. Word rapidly spreads to the citadel of Thay of the return of Necroses, a long forgotten evil that had been sealed away for centuries. "The night draws long, my love. The days, they grow longer. Something stirs in the night. I can smell Undeath in the air. The time has come...  Necroses  has returned." -- Alaestras, High Druid of the Dalish Elves. Starting Level The Heroes of Faerun will start at level 5, with starting cash of 2,000gp for purchasing items to begin with. Classes and races can be drawn from the Core Rulebooks (Player's Hadbook I, II and III). I would suggest you do not build a Vanilla character (I.E; An Elvish Ranger or a Halfling Rogue). I have no restrictions on the races and classes. The Supplements Feats, Magic Items and Powers may all be chosen from either the Player's Handbook ,  Divine Power ,  Psionic Power , Martial Power ,  Primal Power ,  Arcane Power  or  Arcane Vault books. Backgrounds will be allowed, but they will not give special bonuses. Humans, Elves, Dwarves and the Denizens All characters will originate from certain areas based on their race, so I have compiled "Origin" areas for each race. They are as follows: The Dales: The Dales lie to the west of the kingdom of Thay, the Human capital. Filled with vegetation, forests and a quintet of elvish cities, the Dales are the starting point for Dalish Elves. The Plaguewrought Lands: These scarred plains have been the battlegrounds of the Broken Spear Orkin tribe and have suffered largely from wildfires lately. The Plaguewrought Lands are the starting point of Broken Spear Half-Orcs and Highmount Minotaurs. Moonshae Isles: These Six Islands span the Sea of Swords and are named after the Dark Elves that live there. The Dusksliver Drow Clans populate these Isles and wage war over the seas. This is the starting point for Moon Elves and Drow. Raurin Desert: The sandy wastes known as the Raurin Desert are home to a unique race of Halflings and Gnomes who run Caravans through the desert to the city of Al Qahara. Halflings and Gnomes from this region tend to have darker skin, boundless endurance and skilled tongues. This is an optional starting point for Halflings and Gnomes. [See: Thay ] Aglarond: A forested peninsula that reaches out from the providence of Thay and into the Sea of Fallen Stars. Dotted with coastal merchant cities lining the edges of the Yuirwood, this region is home to all forms of Fey. This is the optional starting point for Elves, Halflings, Dwarves and Eladrin. The Underchasm: The deepest rift in the land known as the Underchasm is dotted with holes from dwarves digging. Long since abandoned by the Dark Fey, the Underchasm is home to the Eartheart, a society of greedy dwarves, quiet Goliath and rowdy Minotaurs. This is the starting point of Goliaths, Dwarves and Minotaurs who hold no bonds to any of the others of their race. Thay: The Kingdom of Thay, situated around the Citadel on a large double-plateau, Thay is known for its cities populated by each and every race imaginable. This is the mandatory starting point for Humans, but is also an optional starting point for any other race. Any races that are not noted are allowed to start at any of the previously stated areas. The Stats All characters will be using the second option for determining stats called the Array (Also known as Point-buy). Standard 22 point-bought arrays. The Record I plan on using Text-based chat for PC interactions and IC conversation only, using the built-in voice chat for OOC chatter and questions. Also, Setting Materials will be written up when I get time to flesh out the undefined areas of Faerun. I will be using  Epic Words  to host said Setting Materials. As for Character sheets, Players who wish to join must have a PC ready and need to send me an E-mail with their backgrounds and links to their PCs.  (click here to send me an email) . I Require players to use Myth-weavers  (Click here)  to document their Character Sheets.  That noted, this should be a fun game for all players. The Party Ke`tar Kel`lerin | Race: Shardmind | Class: Psion | Origin: The Dales Venerzad | Race: Wilden | Class: Druid | Origin: Aglardond Falkris Skytalon | Race: Dwarf | Class: Cleric | Origin: Underchasm Zorug | Race: Half-Orc | Class: Barbarian | Origin:  Urist | Race: Dwarf | Class: Holy Man (Pally/Cleric) [***Note*** This character is the only character applicable for hybrid classing because, frankly, we need a good healer.] | Origin: Underchasm Elnan Carter | Race: Human | Class: Wizard [Arcanist] | Origin: Thay Valokthal Ashburn | Race: Dwarf | Class: Fighter | Origin: Underchasm We now have a roster of 7 players! Woohoo! Alas, I will not be taking any more players as actives, but we do have 2 back-up slots open for those who wish to join later on. Registration If you wish to register to play, fill out the following form and send it in to me via E-mail: Player Name: [Insert Roll20 name tag or real name here] Character Name: [Insert Character's Name Here] Origin: [Insert Point of Origin Here. See Humans, Elves, Dwarves and the Denizens  for more information on Origins] Race and Class: [Insert Race and Class in the format of Race | Class] Character Link: [Insert a link to Myth-weavers here] Contact Info: [Insert email, skype username and/or Roll20 tag. All three would be nice.] After the above list is completed and emailed to me, post a reply to this thread and wait. It will take me no more than 1 day to reply to emails and if I do not reply, the roster is full and/or your character is not needed or wanted for a backup option. Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.
good luck with this! i wish it was 3.5 :(
Is there a day/time for this event? I'd like to join, but (obviously) only if I can make it.
As of yet, we are aiming at a night game on the weekdays. The first game (I would like) starts on Tuesday, the 26th at 6:00pm CST [GMT -6]. This will be about a 2-hour intro session to answer questions about Faerun, meet the players and also discuss characters and questlines.
Are you still looking for players? I'm new to 4E but have a little D&D experience and a good grasp of the rules. 
I'm interested in joining. I can put a character together before 6:00 CST and send it over. 
Hi, are you still accepting new players? Am new to roll20 but am familiar with Faerun and would like to be playing a dark elf warrior type character?
Rolling a Half-Orc Barbarian to jump in on this before 6:00CST. I'll get started on the Myth-weavers info right now. edit: Emailed the character sheet on Myth-weavers.
All of you who have yet to send in emails, do them soon. Game starts in 1 1/2 hours.
Is this still open for players?
it is. We have only 5 people out of a max of 8 (including the 2 back-ups) and one of our people will be departing.
I'm interested in playing. I'm freshly new to rpgs however my first intro to them is D&D 4th edition, would there be alot of changes I would have to adjust to? Also what email do I send this to?
Similar to the guy above I'd like to join but I'm still fairly new to the game. I've got a character sheet ready, just need to scale it up to level 5. EDIT : Nevermind found your e-mail, mailing you my app and sheet.
I am interested in a spot. I am a somewhat experienced player and am currently a DM at my home game. I have a mic and will download any and all required programs.