Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Regarding multiple exploding dice

Edited 1551765895
Hi, very new to scripting and still figuring out how it works. Though I understand it's possible to make new roll functions through it. How I can best format the roll I'm trying to use is " 2d20k1!>19>19 " I'm hoping to find a way where instead of rolling 1 additional d20 each time the higher roll is a 19 or 20, it rolls 2d20k1 any time the higher result meets the target, counting each success. As is: I roll 2d20, resulting in (11 + 20), the 20 is kept as the better result and also triggers the explosion. This causes a roll of 1d20, resulting another 20 and triggering another explosion. The 1d20 rolls a 10, not triggering a 3rd explosion. Only one of the 20s is counted, netting 1 success. Goal: I roll 2d20, resulting in (8 + 19), the 19 is kept as the better result and also triggers the explosion. This causes another roll of 2d20, (20 + 19), keeping the 20 and triggering another explosion. The 2d20 rolled as (13 + 17), keeping the 17 but not triggering a 3rd explosion. The 19 and 20 are counted as 2 successes. If there's a script that can do this or a resource for how I could write one myself, please point the way! I appreciate any suggestions!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You cant do this with a basic macro. You could do it with a custom API script. The Power Cards API might also be able to do it. It's a script designed to handle complex macros like this. I'd check out that thread, and ask there - see if anyone familiar with Power Cards can answer.
GiGs said: You cant do this with a basic macro. You could do it with a custom API script. The Power Cards API might also be able to do it. It's a script designed to handle complex macros like this. I'd check out that thread, and ask there - see if anyone familiar with Power Cards can answer. Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out
The last post in the thread was 10 months ago (at least the most recent I could see), is it still okay to post a question there?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Here's the current thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7136858/script-powercards-3-thread-6/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7136858/script-powercards-3-thread-6/</a>
Thanks again, GiGs!